Chapter 37

"Why do you look so tense?" Tanong ni Zion sa akin nang makita akong paakyat sa hagdan.

Hindi ako nakasagot . Mabilis akong pumasok sa isa sa mga kwarto at sumalampak sa kama. I grabbed one of the pillows, covered my face, and screamed.

I can't believe this! Tila ba hindi ma-proseso ng utak ko ang sinabi ni George kanina. Ano raw?! Lawsuit?! 700 million?! I know I did something bad to Calen, but it's almost three years now! I can't believe he's holding that much grudge against me!

A lawsuit for breaching a contract?! We clearly talked that we would terminate the contract! Ano ngayon ang sinasabi niya na breaching?! He's undoubtedly making this to take revenge against me.

I didn't even do anything that 'really' bad. Yes, I hurt him, but is it enough reason for him to do this to me? I just...left him. Besides, I already made it clear to him that I would leave him, right?

"Where's Lexie?" Zion asked after walking inside the room.

I removed the pillow on my face. Sinulyapan ko ang kapatid kong seryoso ngayon.

"She already left. Someone fetched her." Sabi ko.

George suddenly grabbed Lexie's hand. Hindi ko alam kung ano na ang nangyari kanina dahil natulala ako. But I saw Lexie getting inside his Porsche car. Is that George's car or Calen's?

I couldn't even have the chance to talk to her. I wanted to confront her about why she said I was here too! Hindi talaga mapigilan ng babaeng iyon na ibuka ang bibig.

Nagtiim-bagang ang kapatid ko. "Really?"

Tumango lang ako at tumayo sa kama. "Where's Ravi?"

"She's watching a YouTube cartoon in the other room."

"Ako na ang magbabantay. Pumunta ka na sa labas. Some of our relatives are looking for you." Sabi ko at tumayo na mula sa kama. Tumango lang si Zion sa akin.

I went to the other room and found Ravi sitting on the floor in a well-behaved manner. Yakap-yakap ni Ravi ang chicken plush toy. She's giggling while watching the Como cartoon, a chicken cartoon, on the TV.

Nilingon niya ako nang marinig ang mga hakbang ko. Her eyes lit up. "Mommy, look!" She said and stood up.

Lumapit si Ravi sa TV at tinuro isa-isa ang mga manok na cartoon sa pinapanood niya. I cleaned up the scattered coloring materials on the floor while still paying attention to her.

"Mommy chippen..." She pointed at the pink chicken. "Daddy chippen..." She pointed at the white rooster. "And baby Como chippen..." She lastly pointed her finger at the yellow chick.

"You're so smart, Ravi. Very good. Come here,"

She walked towards me and held her hands up. Binuhat ko siya at mabilis na hinalikan nang paulit-ulit ang pisngi. She slightly pushed my face away from her.

"One only," She said and pouted her lips. She even showed me one sign using her tiny finger.

I chucked and nodded my head. "Okay, I'm sorry. One kiss only next time." Sabi ko. Ravi pouted her reddish lips even more.

"Mommy, where is mine?" Ravi suddenly asked me while still pouting. She looked so confused.

"What do you mean, baby?" Tanong ko dahil hindi ko naintindihan ang sinasabi niya.

"Like that?" Tinuro niya ang TV. She's pointing her finger at the rooster.

"You want a chicken toy? Or you want to see chickens again?" I asked.

Mabilis na umiling si Ravi. She looked in my eyes. She looked so sad. I don't understand her. Ano ang ibig niyang sabihin kung ganoon?

"No," she whispered.