Epilogue

"Ayoko nang kumain." Lav pushed her plate after finishing it all. "Hindi naman masarap. Bakit iyan ba ang in-order mo?"

"Love, you said you wanted that—"

"It didn't taste good." She rolled her eyes.

"But you finished it though—"

I immediately shut my mouth and gulped when she stared at me with widened eyes. Bumuntong hininga ako at tinaas ang dalawang kamay sa ere—I surrendered. I should've shut my mouth in the first place.

My love was already in her 7 months. Just two more months. Two more months.

"Mommy, if you're...you're still hungry, you can have mine." Ravi offered her food to her mother while holding the strawberry in both her hands and nibbling it.

"No, no, sweetie." Umiling si Lav sa kaniya. "Mommy is not hungry. Mommy is busog na."

"Okay, Mommy." She smiled at her with the strawberry in her mouth.

Napangiti ako habang nakatingin sa kanilang dalawa. Ravi turned three just a few months ago and she became talkative than before.

I couldn't take off my eyes watching Lavender as she talked to our daughter. She was glowing. I don't know if it is because of her pregnancy, but she keeps looking prettier and prettier each day.

These two, my girl and my woman, are the most beautiful creatures in my eyes.

I still couldn't believe that I'm with them now—that I'm happy. I don't know if I deserve this so much happiness. I just thank God, every day, for hearing me during the time I begged so hard to be with them.

I remembered how my heart shattered into pieces every single day without them, but nothing could be compared to the pain that Lavender had to endure.

I wanted to be with her so much when she was catching all the possible pain that a woman could bear but I couldn't, and I hated myself for that.

"Naku, sir!" Cecil ran towards me.

I was trying to walk on my own but my legs gave in. Natumba ako habang hawak-hawak ang isang tasa ng mainit na kape. The hot water spilled on my legs.

A tear escaped from my eyes, not because I was physically hurt but because of how emotionally devastated I was. Even up until now, I couldn't accept the fact that Lavender was no longer by my side and carrying all the pain lately was too heavy for me.

"Ayos lang po ba kayo, sir?! Jusko! Sana po ay tinawag niyo ako, sir!"

"I'm fine, Cecil. I'm really okay." Nanginig ang boses ko. Cecil helped me to stand up.

"Sir, alam niyo naman pong hindi pa po kayo nakakalakad nang maayos. Kapag may kailangan po kayo—"

"I said I'm fine, Cecil." I swallowed the hard lump in my lungs and looked away as another tear escaped my eye.

Natahimik si Cecil sa akin at marahan na lang na tumango. She assisted me to sit in my wheelchair.

It was really hard for me. For a second, I thought my existence was a nuisance to others. George, my assistant and a friend, handled all my work. Lina, Erica, and Cecil couldn't do
chores because they needed to take care of me. And Lav, for sure was suffering out there but I couldn't do anything.

"C-Calen..."

Lexie's voice broke after I answered the phone. I could hear the trembling in her voice. My heart skipped a beat and I didn't know what to do. This was the very first time I heard from her.

"What happened?" Iyon lang ang tanging lumabas sa bibig ko.

"I...I-I'm sorry—I just need help, p-please." She was whispering on the phone.