Chapter 7: Not All Relationships Work

A couple hours had passed since Millie had left you at home by yourself. She would probably be home any time soon as they don't stay out too late anyway and because none of them could drink.

Sadie <3
Hey, sorry you couldn't make it tonight. We all just left, Millie said you were upset. What's up?

A message from Sadie lit up your phone. Oh shit. Millie walked into the house just as it appeared. You could hear her quick tapping of her feet sprinting up the stairs. She bursted into your room.
"I know you didn't want me to say anything. But listen, your probably going to get a message from Sadie. I told her you were upset. This is your time to tell her"
You took your phone from beside you and showed the message to Millie.
"I'm not replying to her. I can't say anything"
You stated firmly to her.

Millie stood and thought of something to say before she let out a sigh and walked out of your bedroom.
"Your making a mistake"
You ignored her as you knew you wouldn't even have much of a chance anyway.

Sadie <3
Y/n?

Sadie <3
2 Missed Calls

You put your phone on silent for the rest of the night.

-    -       -

In the morning, Millie tried dragging you to set as she wanted you to talk to Sadie. There was no chance you were gonna let that happen, so you sat at home binge watching Netflix. Although, no matter what you did, you could never stop thinking about her.

Sadie <3
Afternoon, where are you?

Even though you ignored her last night, she still cared for you. The guilt from not replying to her had settled In.

You
At home, why?

Sadie <3
I want to talk to you. I'm coming over. Now

As much as you denied to Millie that you wanted to see her, deep down you knew you wanted to. You just didn't want to admit to her that you liked her. Within 10 minutes of receiving the message from Sadie, she was at the door.

You walked down the stairs nervously not knowing what you were going to say and worried that she would be mad at you. After all you have ignored her all night up until 10 minutes ago. You took one deep breath and opened the door. A soft smile grew on both of your faces, you moved out the way inviting her to come in.

She pulled you into a hug.
"I've missed you"
Sadie wasn't annoyed like you expected her to be. Relief.
"I missed you too"
As you both pulled away, you led the pair of you to your room.
"Sorry I didn't reply last night, I fell asleep"
You said looking at the floor knowing you can't lie to her face.
"It's okay, don't worry. That's what I figured"
It felt so bad to lie to her but you couldn't tell her the truth. The truth that you liked her. There was a pause of silence that filled the room, it began to get awkward so you started another conversation.
"So, are you ready for your date tonight?"
Out of everything I could of said. I said that?
The smile on the redheads face faded.
"Hey, what's wrong?"
You subconsciously moved closer to her.
"He's been ignoring me, he's a total dick. The date isn't happening and I've blocked him."
"I'm so sorry" You pulled her into a hug.
"I'm sure he doesn't deserve someone like you anyway"
One singular tear landed on your shoulder.
"How about we go somewhere tonight instead?"
You suggested.
"Wear what you were going to wear. I'll put on something nice too"
Sadie pulled away from your embrace.
"That would be great"
A warm smile grew on her face. 

word count: 642 words