Chapter 6

Nessa

'Mum?', I started. 'Nessa?', my mum said surprised to see me with these cloths. 'What are you doing here?', O asked. 'I came her to drink my sorrow away, because my own daughter doesn't like to celibrate Christmas at home', my mum said. 'Wait what... mum that is unfair, you had no space because of nan, that is fine, but now I get the blame of not being there, so not fair of you ma', I said. 'What are you doing here dressed like a whore by the way', my mum said. 'Ma... I have a theme party, halloween, I am a vampire, see these teeth, why are you biting out your bad mood on me, I am not the one to blame for everything, Jesus, you are the one that send me no message on Christmas eve or send me a card or something, anything, no no word from you the entire week, I tried calling you the first day I arrived at the O'Donoghue family, who are very warm by the way, I would love to introduce you to my boyfriend, but I guess the 'nice to meet you part' would be a lie', I said. 'Come on Danny, let's go', I said filled with disbelieve, but Danny didn't move. 'Danny?', I asked.

'Your daughter put up a brave face, but sending out no messenges whatsoever during Christmas time is cruel', Danny said. 'Were do you think you get a say in this', my mum said. 'Shut it ma, come on Danny, she is not worth it, not like this', I said.

'Are you okay hun?', Danny asked. 'No... but I get there, thank you for sticking up for me, but you are wasting your breath as you just saw', I said. 'What is the problem with your mum?', Danny asked. 'I don't know anymore, I tried to understand her, but at some point it just stops', I said. 'I just don't get why she is so mad at you, for what reason can she possible be mad at you?', Danny wondered outloud. 'Believe me, I've asked myself that question a million times, it just isn't popping in my head, the ensure I mean', I said.

We both walked a bit, but we felt weird with our crazy outfits on and went to Danny's house. 'Looks like I can officially call you my 'girlfriend', Danny said with a smile. 'It feels right', I said. 'Dan... I', I started but Danny kissed me.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed this kiss. 'Can I simply kiss you goodnight tonight? I know we started of really fast, but this is different, I want to take you out on a date first, be a gentleman for you, be the kind a guy you want as a boyfriend, because I really don't want to lose you, not as a friend, but also not as a girlfriend', Danny said. 'That sounds good to me, do I see you tomorrow?', I asked. 'Of course', Danny said as he smiled at me and gave me a kiss on my cheek.

I was thinking a while about mum and why she was so mad at me, I couldn't understand it. Why, what have I done to make her mad like this. After a while I fell asleep and stopped thinking about her.

The next morning I woke up, got dressed and made breakfast for myself, Danny wasn't downstairs yet, think he is still asleep.

'Morning', Ian said with a yawn. 'Morning', I said smiling. 'You are cheerful, what have you done with my baby bro', Ian said. 'What... nothing', I said. 'I saw you two at the party last night and we have thin walls', Ian said. 'Then you couldn't have heard us last night, because we didn't do anything, but if you must know, we are together now', I said. 'Oooh finally, Dan couldn't shut up about you', Ian said. 'Really, well as his girlfriend I can say that it's okay to talk about me, as long as it are all good things', I warned. Ian laughed. 'I like you, you are different from all other girls Dan had, you are not after his fame, money or anything else, you simply like Danny for who he is', Ian said with a smile. 'True, Danny is amazing, I would never do anything for money, I make my own money, well not yet, because I still need a job after Christmas, but I am going to make my own money', I said. Ian laughed at that. 'I am sure you will find a job, photographers are wanted all over the place', Ian said. 'Let's hope so', I said.