XX

Maxwell Agini turned out to be a conglomerate business man, at thirty-five years old he had amassed an empire in the world of technology, a renowned philanthropist that was now exposed for what he did behind closed doors. Not only did he use dirty money to feed hungry children, he also used that as a way to filter his money, through an organisation that disguised it's true bitter nature with sweet lies.

The news reported that he was found dead in a warehouse that contained a 20 million US dollars’ worth of narcotics and weaponry. They estimated it to have been a gang deal gone wrong. Only to find a door that led to many more horrors beneath the building, a hallway filled with doors that kept many young women prisoner.

Therefore, not only was he a business tycoon/philanthropist most sort after bachelor in Hawaii, he was now nothing but a man that dealt with trafficking of both women, drugs and weapons. Nothing but a vile existence many people were glad didn't live anymore.

However, an uproar in the underworld had Sin on edge with her fingers crossed that nobody thinks it to be her, for she had no idea how many people knew that she had been in that warehouse, let alone the one to have made an anonymous tip off, just to trample over his dead body some more.

With law enforcement yet to show up on her doorstep, she hoped that they would find nothing related to her. She hadn't realised just how much a burden AHQ took off their shoulders by arranging clean ups, until in that moment she sat on her couch tossing the food on her plate around being that she was for the first time ever, without an appetite.

"Aren't you hungry?" Cassidy asked from her seated position on the other couch. She eyed the young woman that had returned, except different in some way. Although Sin tried to imitate Bella, she didn't realise she was a tad bit terrible at it. Her eyes were empty when she looked at Cassidy, void of the usual care they held in her presence.

"No, not really" she replied only to add "Actually, do you think I can be alone for a while, I'm not really up for company right now" she said.

Cassidy became truly concerned in that moment, first of all, Bella never said no to food, she would rather binge on it than toss it around regardless, and secondly, Bella would have tolerated her presence until she left herself, out of the fear of actually offending her, she thought her sweet for that.

Hence she worried wondering what it was that had happened when she had left with Xavier, whom they were yet to see. She knew there had been an accident, but also suspected there was more. A week had passed since then,and it just seemed Bella's state was getting worse. Alas, she let out a sigh and said

"If that's what you want Deli, but call me, should you need anything, okay?" she said grabbing her bag only to give Sin a serious look, and she simply nodded.

"I will" Sin said, and Cassidy thought, even her voice sounds empty. Shaking it off, she left the apartment with hopes that her friend gets better, lest she plan an intervention for her.

Sin placed the plate of food on the glass table only to switch off the television that was playing the news, an interview with the detective that was handling the Maxwell Agini case. Resting against the couch, she let out a sigh and closed her eyes, thinking how tiring being in charge was, yet Bella was yet to show up.

Her doorbell rang before she could fall asleep, and she couldn't help but groan before getting up when the person wouldn't let up. Angrily swinging the door open, Xavier all but barrelled his way in, and she closed the door only to face the young man. He still had a few scrapes on his cheek and jaw, a tad bit of a bruise around his neck as well and she wondered where else had he been hurt.

"Come in why won't you" she said sarcastically and Xavier's electric blues clashed with her own. Intensity brewed within his eyes that she felt goose bumps rise on her skin.