Chapter Fifteen

As Max and Evie talked slightly about how stupid the plan is Eddie turned. "Hey, Red uh you got a ski mask or a bandana, something like that?" Eddie asked. Max thought for a moment then walked to her room.

   Eddie wore the ridiculous Michele Myers mask as he led them into the RV. Evie helped as the rest of them climbed in. As Eddie got it started they yelled at him to drive.

   Once everything calmed down Evie sat with Max. They talked and Evie watched her brother. "Ev I'd you want to go talk to him about something so it." Max said, placing a hand on her shoulder. Evie nodded and sat next to her brother.

   "Eddie, I um I need to talk to you." Eddie looked up from the table and nodded as she took a seat. Evie could feel her heart beating at a million miles a minute. "It's about Gus." Eddie raised an eyebrow. "You know that day you did my hair up all nice for school and you were proud of yourself for getting me to wear a dress and then you scheduled a deal during pick up so you sent Gus?" Evie asked slowly. "Evie?" Eddie questioned. "We'll he...I know." Eddie cut her off. "I know what he did."

   Past

      Eddie and Gus sat higher than a kite in the trailer Living Room. Evie hadn't left her room in days except for school. "Your sisters something man." Gus had said in his high state. Eddie looked at him, not nearly as high anymore and raised an eyebrow. "What's that supposed to mean." Eddie asked. "It means she'll have a nice set up boobs." Gus laughed. Eddie was far from laughing. "My sister as in Evie Munson?" Eddie asked and Gus nodded. "She fucking twelve!" Eddie yelled, throwing himself at Gus. "Gus managed to kick him off and wobbly around as he grabbed his head. "I'm just saying I know from experience." Gus shrugged. Eddie's eyes widened and suddenly all he could Invision was Gus dead on the ground. "Get the Fuck out!" Eddie yelled, picking up a bong and standing up. Eddie smashed it over Gus's head and then held it to his throat as he backed into a wall next to the door. "If I see you even look at her again you won't have any eyes, do you understand me." Eddie yelled, kneeing him in the nuts and throwing him out the front door.

  Evie came out of her room and saw the mess of glass from the broken bong. "Oh my god Eddie are you ok?" She asked to pick up the glass. Eddie stared at her. His heart heavy from the knee found information he checked his wallet and then smiled. "Fine, go get dressed, we're going out to eat."

  Present

  Evie felt tears in her eyes and Eddie pulled her into a hug. "I wanted to kill him, but I knew I had to stay out of jail." Eddie said, rubbing her back. Evie, who was exhausted from the weekend events, fell asleep while her brother rubbed her back.

   The door to the RV opened quickly causing Evie to jump awake. "What happened?" Lucas asked. "We gotta go." Steve said "your old friends are here." Erica said. "Oh shit." Lucas said.

   Max and Evie watched as Nancy made a sawed off shotgun. "Is this legal?" Max asked and Evie chuckled. "Definitely not." Evie said. "No it's not, but it guarantees one thing. I won't miss." She said Evie watched as Eddie played around with the shields that Eddie and Dustin made. She laughed as Dustin and Eddie played around like brothers that they'd never had.

   Everyone sat in the car. Evie sat replaying the plan over and over. She would distract the bats with Eddie and Dustin. While Lucas, Max and Erica sat at the house and Nancy, Robin, And Steve went to kill Vecna. Evie stopped Max before she got out of the RV. "Be safe." Evie said pulling her into a hug. "You first." Max smiled kissing her cheek and leaving the RV. Robin gave her a smile and Steve started to drive home.

   They stopped outside the house and went over the plan again. "Okay, I want to run through it one more time. Phase one." Nancy asked. "We meet Erica at the playground she'll signal max and Lucas when we're ready." Robin  answered. "Phase two." Nancy asked. "Max baits Vecna. He'll go after her, which will put him in his trance." Steve said. "Phase three. "Eddie, Dustin and I draw the bast's away." Evie said. "Four?" Nancy asked. "We head into vecna's newly bat-free lair, and flambé." Robin said.

  "Nobody moves into the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from a plan no matter what. Got it?"  Everyone said for it and they headed through the gate. Steve went first and then Nancy, then weapons then Eddie then Robin, then Evie then Dustin.

    "Hey guys listen. If things do start to go south I mean at all. You abort. Okay draw the attention of the bats, keep them busy for a minute or two, we'll take care of Vecna. Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something. Okay you guys are just...decoys don't worry, you can be the hero, Steve." Dustin interrupted. "Absolutely I mean look at us, we are not heroes." Eddie said. Steve started to walk away and Eddie called his attention. "Hey Steve. Make him pay." Steve nodded and the group of three left them to fortify the trailer.