Chapter Three

Evie woke up not long after Max, Max and her mother were standing on the front porch. "What's going on?" Evie asked, rubbing her eyes and yawning as she walked towards them. Max ran back into the house and stopped her Infront of the TV. "Nothing." Max said too quickly for Evie's liking. She looked out the big living room window that Max had seemingly forgotten about. Evie's eyes widened as she saw the police around her trailer.

    Without much thought Evie ran out of Max's trailer and to the Sheriff standing outside her own. "Where's Eddie?" She asked, looking past the Sheriff and seeing the twisted body of Chrissy Cunningham laying on her floor. "We were hoping you could tell us." He said Evie shook her head and told him she stayed over with Max as Max appeared behind them. "Did either of you hear or see anything?" He asked and we shook are heads. "Alright then go back inside, we'll be in contact with you and your Uncle Miss Munson." He said.

   "We have to tell Dustin." Max said, throwing on her jacket. Evie was stunned but still followed Max.

  As Dustin opened the door he raised an eyebrow. "We need to talk." Max said.

  They sat in his room while Max explained. "Chrissy Cunningham? Your sure it was Chrissy?" Dustin asked as he passed in front of Max and Evie. "Yes, she was in her cheerleader outfit." Evie said. "Same thing she was wearing when I saw her with Eddie." Max finished causing Evie to look at her.  "You tell the cops?" Dustin asked, Max and Evie shook their heads. "No, but I... I can't be the only one who saw them together I mean they stood out." Dustin seemed in shock as he walked closer to his closet. "Eddie the freak with Chrissy the cheerleader?" Max nodded. "exactly. You know, his name's not in the news yet or anything, but I guarantee you Eddie is suspect one now." Max said Dustin and Evie sent quick looks to each other. "That's crazy, Eddie didn't do this, no way." Dustin said. "Eddie couldn't kill a fly." Evie said. Max gave them a look causing them both to speak. "No way." Max rolled her eyes. "Well we can't rule him out." Evie and Dustin let their eyes go wide. "Yes we can."

"Dustin!"

"You don't know him like we do max. Ok. When we first got to highschool Lucas made all his sports friends, Mike and me, I mean no one was nice to us. No one except Eddie." Dustin said. "Okay. Well they said the Same shit about Ted Bundy. Ya he's like a super nice guy but then he's murdering women on the weekends." Max said Dustin looked at max like she was losing her mind. "Your saying Eddie is like Ted Bundy?" Dustin asked, hoping she would hear how crazy she was. "no, I'm not saying... I'm saying that we can't presume anything, okay? But it doesn't look good for Eddie."  max sighed and sat on his bed while evie took a seat on the floor.

   "Why haven't you told the cops this?" Dustin asked, Max shrugged. "I don't know." Dustin gave her a questioning look. "You don't know?" He questioned. "After I saw Eddie and Chrissy go into the trailer... something else happened."

   "Nothing that weird or anything I mean Eddie always drives like a maniac and the power goes off at my place all the time. It's a piece of shit but." Max paused and looked at Evie. "This morning I started to think back and I don't know the look on his face. He was scared of Dustin. Really scared. Maybe he was scared because he'd just killed someone or you know maybe um. Maybe because I don't.. I don't know maybe."

   "Something else killed her?" Dustin questioned and Max nodded. "But that's impossible. Right?" Dustin shook his head as she spoke. "I don't know. It should be, there's only one person who knows what actually happened." Max nodded. "Eddie."

   "Guys I'm confused." Evie said as she tried her best to keep up with them. "Have you talked to anyone else?" Dustin asked. "No. I can't find Lucas or Nancy and Mike's in.. California shit shit shit." Dustin muttered as they walked past his mom. He pushed Max and Evie out of the house while he told his mom bye and quickly followed after them.