Chapter Fourteen

"Get music or something in a hurry. Nancy!" Steve yelled, they all ran for Eddie's room, searching for something Nancy would like. "You guys need to hurry up!" Erica yelled at them. "We're trying." Everyone yelled. "What is this crap we need music. Like Madonna or something. /Like real music." Robin yelled, Eddie and Evie both looked at her. "This is real music!" They yelled. Suddenly Evie heard Steve yelling and assumed the worst. Running out of Eddie's room and to the living room. "Oh my god she's ok." Evie sighed as they all joined her and helped pull her from the upside down.

    They all sat in Max's living room as Nancy explained what happened. "He showed me things that haven't happened yet. The most awful things. I saw a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire, dead soldiers. And this...giant creature....with a gaping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters. An army. And they were coming to Hawkins." Max grabbed onto Evie's hand, Evie squeezed it to let her know she was there. "Into our neighborhood, our homes and then he showed me my mom and holly, Mike, and they. They were all." Nancy looked down into her lap and started to cry.

   "Okay, but.. he's just trying to scare you, Nance. Right, I mean it's not real. " Steve said in a horrible attempt to comfort her. "Not yet. But there.. there was something else. He showed me gates. Four gates. Spreading across Hawkins. And these gates they look like the one inside Eddie's trailer. But they didn't stop growing. And it's wasn't the upside down Hawkins. This was our Hawkins, our home." Nancy said, tearing up again.

   "Four chims." Max said, releasing Evie's hand. "Vecna's clock. It always chimes four times. Four exactly." Max said, Nancy looked at her. "I heard them two." Everyone turned to look at Nancy. "He's been telling us his plan this whole time." Evie looked at her and her eyes slightly widened. "Four kills. Four gates end of the world." Dustin looked concerned now. "I'd that's true...he's only one kill away."

   Eddie placed his head in his hands. "Oh Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ." Evie moved from Max and crouched Infront of Eddie. "It's ok, Eds. Everything will be ok." Eddie lifted his head slightly and gave a small smile.

"Anything?" Dustin asked as she hung up the phone. "No rang a few times, then went to a busy signal." Max said. "Maybe you punched it wrong. Try again." Steve told her. "I didn't punch it in wrong." Max said, narrowing her eyes slightly.

   "Well I don't know." Steve said. "I think she knows how to use a phone." Dustin said sarcastically and it almost made Evie laugh. "I'm just saying she couldn't typed it in wrong."

   Max hung up the phone again and turned to them. "Same shit." Lucas seemed more frustrated now. "How is that possible?" He asked. "I told you Joyce has this telemarketer job always on the phone. Mike won't stop whining about it." Dustin explained. "Yeah, but this phone has been busy for, what, three days now? It's not Joyce. No way, somethings wrong."

   "She's right, it can't be just a coincidence. It can't be. Whatever's happening in Lenora is connected to all of this. I'm sure of it. But Vecna can't hurt them. Not if he's dead. We half to go back in there, back to the upside down.

   "Absolutely not, we almost died liked four times!" Evie half yelled above everyone else's form of no and not happening. Evie rolled her eyes and I doing so they landed on and almost paralyzed looking Robin.

   She slowly made her way over. Half listening to Nancy's plan to kill Vecna. "Robin are you on?" Evie asked. That seemed to snap her out of her trance. "And for good reason. We were wrong about Vecna. Henry. One. Sorry, what are we calling him now.?" Robin asked.

  "One."

"Vecna."

"One!"

"Henry."

"Right , we've learned something new about Vecna/Henry/One. Hes a number like eleven, only a sick, evil, mal, child-murdering version of her with really bad skin. But my....my point is he's super powerful. He could turn us inside out with a snap of his fingers. It's not a fair fight." Robin finished as Evie placed her hand on her shoulder.

  "So why keep it fair? You're right he's like eleven, but that gives us an upper hand. We know eleven's strengths. And weakness." Dustin said. "Weakness?" A very unimpressed Erica said. "When El remote-travels, she goes into a sort of trance-like state. I bet the Same is true for Vecna." Dustin said.

   "That would explain what he was doing in that attic." Lucas said. "Exactly when he attacks his next victim, I'll bet you he's back in that attic and his physical body is defenseless." Dustin said. "Defenseless? what about the army of bats?" Steve questioned. "True, we'll have to find a way past them. Distract them somehow." Dustin said. "And uh, how do we do that, exactly?" Eddie asked. "No idea. But once they're gone he doesn't stand a chance. It will be like slaying sleeping dracula in his coffin." Dustin said.

   "That all sounds good in theory, but there is no pattern to vecna's killings. At least not one I can decipher. We don't know when he's going to attack next. We don't even know who he's going to attack." Max looked at Evie and then spoke up. "Ya we do, I can still feel him I'm still marked cursed I ditch Kate bush I draw his focus back to me." Max said Evie stood up. "Max, you can't, he'll kill you." Evie said. Max sighed. "I survived before." Evie shook her head. "All the more reason not to do it. People don't get that lucky twice." Evie said.

   "Ev, I can survive again. I just need to keep him busy long enough so that you guys can get into that  attic, Then you can choo his head off. Stab him in the heart. Blow him up with some explosive Dustin cooks up. I honestly really don't care how you put this asshole in his grave. Just.. whatever it is.... whatever you do...try not to miss."