Chapter Six

As they pulled up to Ms Kelly's. Max and Evie shared a look. "Who goes in?" Max just opened the car door. "I'll do it, you guys stay here."

  "Ok she's in." Steve stated the obvious. "I'm missing collarbones, not eyes." There was a long pause of silence. "So, we going to talk about.... It?" Dustin asked. "Huh, sorry talk about what." Steve questioned. "Your temporary insanity earlier today when you basically threw yourself at Nance?" Dustin asked. "Ok first of all that's not what happened." Steve said. "Pretty sure that's what happened, it was pretty public. There were a lot of witnesses." Dustin said, Evie nodded.

   "Are you implying that I still have a thing for Nance?" Steve asked. Dustin shook his head. "I'm not implying I'm stating. And, as it relates to your steadfast refusal to date Robin, it's pretty much the only logical explanation." Dustin said. "That's not the only one." Steve muttered. Evie knew he was referring to Robin's sexuality and nodded to what he said. "And as for Nance, I was just trying to protect a friend. A friend, Henderson. Okay?" Steve exclaimed. "Okay." Dustin said. "I don't wanna find her in the morning with her eyes sucked out of her skull by this Vecna creep." Steve said.

  "You're like bright red in the face right now." Dustin chuckled, causing Evie to laugh. "No I'm not, I don't want to talk about it. I'll punch you so hard your teeth fall back out." Steve said. "Whoa. Too far." Dustin said, as the car went silent. "Not cool, sorry." Steve said with empathy. "Not cool, it's alright." Dustin said in almost a whisper.

  The car was quiet with small talk thrown in by Steve every once in a while until Max climbed back into the car. "What'd she say? Dustin asked. "Nothing, just drive." Max said quickly. "Nothing?" Steve questioned. "Steve drive!" Max said. "Okay." Driving away quickly.

   As they were driving to the highschool Dustin's radio went off. "It's Lucas . Do you copy? Dustin?" Lucas questioned. "Lucas? Where the hell have you been?" Dustin asked while Evie looked at Max for any explanation of who Lucas was. "Just listen. Are you guys looking for Eddie?" Lucas asked. "Ya and we found him no thanks to you." Dustin said. In a passive aggressive tone.

   "You found him?" Lucas asked. "ya he's at a boat house on coal mill road. Don't worry he's safe." Dustin said. "You guys know he killed Chrissy right?" Lucas asked and Evie rolled her eyes and leaned back into the car seat. "That's bullshit. Eddie tried to save Chrissy. Dustin said. "Then why do all the cops say he did it?" Dustin fumbled for words as Max took the walkie. "Lucas you're so behind it's ridiculous, okay? Just meet us at the school, we'll explain later." Max said.

  " I can't. I think some real bad shit's about to go down." Lucas said. "What are you talking about? What bad shit?" Max asked. "Lucas? Lucas?" Max questioned. "What the Fuck happened?" Steve question. "I'm sure it's fine." Evie said as Max took her seat.

  Once Max and Evie made it into the school the walkie started to speak. "Dustin, do you copy?" Robin asked. "Yeah, I copy." Dustin said. "So Nancy's a genius. Vecna's first victims date back all the way to 1959. Her shot in the dark was a bull's-eye." Robin said. "Okay, that's totally bonkers, but I can't really talk right now, " Dustin said. "Wait, what are you doing?" Robin asked. "Breaking and entering into school. To retrieve confidential and extremely personal files." Dustin said. "Can you repeat that?" Robin asked.

  "Just get your asses over here, stat. We'll explain everything." Dustin said as Max insured the key. Max instantly went for the filing cabinet. "It's like a mini-watergate or something." Dustin mumbled. Max grabbed out Chrissy's file and Fred's file. "Can I see Fred's file?" Max asked. "Max? Want is is?" Dustin asked. "Max! Max!" Dustin yelled. "Max, Max?" Evie said, shaking her lightly. Then Evie saw what Max saw.

   "Max!" Evie yelled as Max finally shook out of her trance. "Follow me." Max said, pulling them through the halls. "There was an old grandfather clock." Max explained as she continued walking. "It was here, right here." Max said. "A grandfather clock?" Nancy questioned. "It was so real. And then, when I got closer, suddenly I just.. I woke up.." Max said. "It was like she was in a trance or something. Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy." Dustin said. Max turned around, her eyes slightly watery. "That's not even the worst part."

  "Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Miss Kelly for help. Uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that just wouldn't go away. And then...then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. And then they started seeing things. Bad things. From their past. These visions, they just they kept on getting worse and worse until eventually everything ended ."

  "Vecna's curse." Robin said, looking up from the files and at max. "Chrissy's headaches started a week ago. Fred's six days ago. I've been having them for five days. I don't know how long I have. All I know is that for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less then 24 hours after their first vision. And I just saw that goddamn clock so. Looks like I'm going to die tomorrow." Max said as a tear rolled down her cheek. "No I won't let it happen, you aren't dying. Absolutely not." Evie said, the group looked at her and jumped slightly as a door opened. Evie stood in front of Max slightly as Steve went to investigate.

  They followed after him, Evie still slightly in front of max. Suddenly a boy cam running in causing everyone to scream. "It's mee!" The boy yelled. "Lucas!" Nancy questioned. "It's me. Lucas said again. "Jesus what is wrong with you Sinclair?!"

  "I'm sorry." Lucas said, trying to catch his breath. "I could have taken you out with this thing!" Steve yelled. "Sorry guys, sorry. Evie." Lucas said, giving a little wave as he attempted to catch his breath. "I was.... I was biking for eight miles. Give me a second...  Shit.... we've got a code red.  Dustin I've been with Jason, Patrick and Andy and they've gone totally off the rails they're trying to capture Eddie, and they think you know where he is your in terrible danger." Lucas said quickly.

  "Alright, yeah that definitely sucks, but we've got bigger problems." Dustin said, looking back at max.