Chapter Eight

Evie sat awkwardly between Max and Lucas as they pulled into the trailer park. "This better be fast Mayfield." Steve said. "Twenty seconds." Max replied climbing out of the car. "That things got batteries in it right?" Steve asked, referring to Dustin's walkie. "I'm not even going to answer that question.... Yes it has batteries!" Dustin said. "Yeah, I got it."

  "Hey that's was longer the twenty seconds." Steve said as Max came around the house. "Hey, whoa, whoa. you all right?" Steve asked. "I'm fine just drive." Max said climbing into the car. "Did something happen?" Dustin asked. "Can you please just go." Max said. Evie gave her a look for comfort and Max simply turned to look out the window.

    Evie watched as they pulled up to the cemetery. She new about Max's brother Billy. Everyone new about Billy. Jason had used Billy's Death as a way to gaine something. He used everyone's death actually which made Evie up set. Lucas jumped out of the car after Max and started to talk back and forth with her, Steve gave Evie a look which she ignored as she looked forward again.

   It was clear to Evie that the to had something, what something they had she didn't know, but they had something. "So Evie do you like Max or something?"  Dustin asked which confused her slightly. "It's not a big secret that your gay. I mean everyone knows." Dustin shrugged. "I might." She said and Dustin looked out the window. Dropping the conversations.

    Once Lucas climbed back in the car dustin rubbed something in his face. "I need some air." Evie muttered and stepped out of the car. Moving to sit on the back of it. Steve joining her not long after. "I've been meaning to ask you." Steve said and then paused. "When we were at the video story a few days ago. You tensed up when Gus walked out." Evie looked at him and laid her head in her hands. "We have a kinda tense passed." She mumbled. "Well what happened?" Steve asked her.

  Evie considering telling him or not. She hadn't told anyone not even Eddie. "I.. he..." She paused as Steve gave her sad eyes. "He raped me." Steve looked like he was bout to jump out of his skin. "You can't say anything to anyone, Eddie doesn't even know, your the only person that knows." She said, pulling her lags up to her chest the best she could as she sat in the back of his car.

   Steve sat silently for a few moments before nodding. "That explains why Eddie still hangs out with him." Steve said and looked at his lap. "You don't have to worry about Gus anymore Evie." Steve said, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him with a smile and then over Max.

    "Steve, she's been gone for a while." Evie finally said. "Ok you guys stay here." Steve said walking up the hill grumbling to himself. After a few moments dustin stepped off the car. "Somethings not right." "Guys!" Steve yelled. Creating a chain reaction of Evie starting a sprint than Lucas then Dustin.

   "Max!" Evie said as she dropped next to Max and placed her hands on her shoulders. "Max, Max you gotta get up!" "Can you hear me!" "max please get up!" "Max!" "You gotta get out of there!"

   "Call Nancy and Robin!! Go get 'em! Call Nancy and Robin! Go!" Steve yelled at Dustin. "Max come on wake up, your can do it max!" Evie yelled, panic now clear in her voice as she pleaded for Max to wake up.

   When Dustin came back he was holding a bunch of cassette tapes. "What is it?!" Lucas asked. "What's her favorite song?!" Dustin questioned. "Why?" Lucas yelled. "Your really going to ask why right now!" Evie yelled at him as Dustin explained why. Evie grabbed a cassette that looked like the name was rubbed off the tape. She fumbled to get it open and place it in but once she got it.

  "MAX! Evie yelled as she placed her hand on her face. As max started to float Evie fell back Infront of max. "MAX!" She yelled. they all stood up and started screaming for Max. "Max wake up!" Evie pleaded.

    Max started to fall and instantly Evie moved to catch her. She missed and max fell on the ground just Infront of her before max clung to Evie's shirt and pulled herself into Evie's chest. "I've got you, I've got you." Evie said and Max hyperventilated. "I thought we lost you." Evie said. "I'm still... I'm still here." Max said trying to catch her breath.

   Once everyone was calmed down they climbed into Steve's car. Max still holding onto Evie's arm. The rest of the night was quite, the group took turns on who watched max and eventually it was only Evie awake.