Chapter Five

The group of four left, leaving Evie with her brother. "So Evie, have you been staying with Max?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. "No just the night before last, and now I'll be staying here with you." Evie said and Eddie shook his head. "If they're looking for me and you go missing it will make things worse, which reminds me, does uncle know where you are?" Evie nodded with an unsure look on her face. "Well he thinks I'm with max." Eddie heard a bang and the two went quiet. "Shit." Eddie muttered, pulling Evie slightly behind him as the door opened.

"Delivery service!" Dustin smiled, holding out a bag. Max gave a smile to Evie before the four stepped in. Once Eddie got some food and something to drink Dustin started talking. "So we have some um, good news and some bad news. How would you prefer it?" Dustin asked as Eddie stuffed his face with food. "Bad news first, always." Eddie responded. "All right, bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they are definitely looking for you. Also there, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy." Dustin said. "like 100% Convinced." Max cut in, Evie and Eddie let the bad news sit in for a second before Eddie looked up at Dustin.

"And the good news?" He asked. "Your name hasn't gone public yet, but if we found out about you it's only a matter of time before others do. And once that get so, everyone and their shallow minded mother will be looking for you." Robin explained. "Hunt the Freak, Right?" He questioned looking at the ground and then back up at Robin. Evie placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Exactly." Robin said. "Shit." Evie and Eddie muttered.

" So before that happens we need to find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence." Dustin said, Eddie turned his head. "That's all, Dustin? That's all?"

"Yeah, no, that's pretty much it."

"Listen, Eddie, Evie. I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before. I mean, they have a... a few times, and... and I have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based theirs was more smoke-related, but bottom like is, collectively, I really feel like we got this." Robin smiled.

Steve finally spoke up. "We usually rely on this girl who has super powers. But uh, those went bye-bye so... So we're technically in more of the.. Kinda.... Brainstorming phase." Steve, Robin, and Max all put together. Evie and Eddie's eyes went slightly wide.

"There... There's nothing to worry about." Dustin stuttered out, Steve scoffed in agreement while Eddie stared at them with a look that said, nothing to worry about?! Which made Evie chuckle under her breath.

They heard sirens and quickly they told Eddie to get under the tarp while everyone else went to the windows.

"We're going to check it out, you coming Evie?" Steve asked as the others left the boat house. Evie looked at Eddie and then nodded running after them.

As they pulled up And climbed out of the car Evie recognized Nancy Wheeler talking to the police. Another body that looked similar to Chrissy's laying in the middle of the road.

They all squished in Steve's car and went to the trailer park to explain everything to Nancy.

"So you're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the upside down?" Nancy questioned. "If the shoe fits." Steve said. "Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse Now, whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know." Dustin said.

"All we know is this is something different. Something new." Max said, Evie sat quietly not understanding much. One thing she thought about was the fact that she sometimes saw Fred and Chrissy come out of Ms. Kellys office when she was on her way there.

"It doesn't make sense." Nancy said. "It's only a theory." Dustin said, clearly losing some confidence in his theory. "No, Fred and Chrissy don't make sense. I mean why them?" Nancy questioned. "Maybe they were just in the wrong place. They were both at the game." Dustin said.

"And near the trailer park." Max said. "We're at the trailer park. Uh, should we maybe not be here?" Steve questioned. "There is something about this place." Evie piped in. "Ya, Fred started acting weird the second we got here." Nancy said. "Acting weird as in...?"

"Scared, on edge, upset." Nancy said. "Max said Chrissy was upset too." Max shook her head slightly. "Ya, but not here, she was crying in the bathroom at school." Max explained. "Serial killers stalk their prey before they strike, right? So maybe Fred and Chrissy saw this Vecman... Vecna" Robin questions, Dustin corrected her on the name. While Evie raised her hand, she didn't know why she was raising her hand to speak, maybe because she felt out of place.

"Dunno about you guys but if I saw some freaky wizard monster, I would mention it to someone." Steve said. "Evie you can just talk, you don't have to raise your hand." Max said. "Oh, umm, I've seen Fred and Chrissy coming out of Ms Kelly's office as I go in?" Evie said. Max nodded. "If you saw a monster, you.. you would go to the police. They'd never believe you. But you might go to your-- Your shrink." Robin finished while Max nodded.

We started to walk to the car and as Evie was about to climb in she heard Steve stop Nancy.

"Nance, where are you going?"

"Oh, there's just something I wanna check on first." Nancy said. "Something you maybe want to share with the rest of us?" Dustin asked. "I don't wanna waste your time. It's a real shot in the dark." Nancy explained. "Yeah ok. Are you out of your mind? Flying solo with the Vecna creep on the loose? No, it's too dangerous. You need...You need someone to.."

Steve paused, choosing his words carefully before throwing his keys at Robin. "I'll stick with Nance alright, you guys take the car, check out the shrink." Robin stopped him. "I don't think you want me driving your car?" Robin said Steve gave her a questioning look. "Why?"

"I don't have a license." Robin said.

"Why don't you have a license?" Steve questioned.

"I'm poor, " Robin explained. "I can drive." Max offered. "no, never again. Please. Anyone but you, No." Steve said immediately. "I could?" Evie offered. Max immediately looked at her. "Didn't you drive your Uncle's car into a light pole last week?" Max questioned. "I'm learning." Evie argued. Dustin looked up and Steve quickly shot him down. "No chance."

"Come on." Dustin pouted. "Alright, okay. This is stupid. Us ladies will stick together unless you think we need you to protect us." Robin smiled as she started walking to Nancy's car. " Be careful!"

"Just gonna stand there and gawk Harrington?" Dustin questioned. "Shut up." Steve said. "Why don't we go?"

"Shut up and get in the car." Steve said. "Wipe your feet. He instructed as Dustin went to climb in. Evie and Max sitting in the back. "On the outside, not the inside!" Steve yelled as Dustin wiped his feet inside the car. "Always the babysitter, Always the goddamn babysitter!"