Chapter 22 {Edited}

Shuffling from outside of the door caused Leona and Alec to hold their weapons up, alert, and ready to attack. Leona gripped her throwing stars as the door swung open, only to reveal Luke. Out of habit, Leona threw her star at the man, which he thankfully dodged, causing it to hit the wall behind him.

"Shit, sorry!" Leona exclaimed in surprise. From beside her, Alec lowered his bow and arrow.

"It's fine," Luke assured the girl before looking at the wall behind him. "Nice reflexes."

Leona smiled weakly at the praise. "Where were you?"

"Jail." Was all Luke answered. "A mundane thing, nothing to worry about." The werewolf glanced at Alec. "Where's Clary? And the others?"

"We told them to go ahead," Alec said. "Stayed back in case any demons showed up."

"Let's not waste any time then," Luke told them.

The three quickly made their way out of the room and into the tunnels, Leona looking around them, trying to see if she could spot any of the others. Her eyebrows scrunched up in confusion at the lack of threats around them.

The two Shadowhunters shared a glance, the Lightwood seemingly wondering the same thing, before Alec suddenly perked up. "I think I hear Clary. Stay alert."

Leona swallowed as Alec guided them to where he thought Clary was. The group walked to see Clary standing in front of them, her seraph blade out.

"Clare," Leona called out to the redhead, who turned to the group in shock.

"Get back!" Clary shouted, holding her seraph blade out towards them. Leona jumped surprised at her outburst, accidentally knocking into Alec who steadied her stance.

"Clary." Luke tried to call out to the girl again, his hands held up showing he meant no harm.

"How do I know you're Luke?" Clary asked the man anxiously.

"I got you spray paint for your birthday."  The werewolf answered. They slowly walked closer to Clary, the girl breathing heavily. "What happened?"

"Uh, demons," Clary answered, slowly beginning to lower her weapon. "Long story, um..." Leona looked at the girl in concern before walking to stand in front of her.

She gently held Clary's shaking hands, guiding the redhead to close her seraph blade so she wouldn't accidentally harm any of them. "Where'd you come from?"

"Jail," Luke told the girl with a shrug. "I ran into Leona and Alec. Thought you might need some help."

"Apparently not," Alec said, slightly impressed. Leona looked down to see a demon disintegrate from the floor. "Looks like she took care of it."

Leona nodded in approval; her eyebrows raised. "Nice."

"You okay?" Leona asked the redhead, releasing her hands. Clary slowly nodded at the girl.

"Shouldn't we get going or something?" Clary asked the three, still breathing heavily. "More demons could be coming, right?"

"Oh, don't worry about it," Luke shook the concern off. "I got the pack on the lookout. If there are any demons, we'll take care of them."

At the werewolf's words, Leona's body relaxed, her unspoken questions being answered.

Clary chuckled at Luke with a smile. "Look at you, leader of the pack."

Luke smiled back. "Well, you know, it has its perks."

Leona chuckled. "I'm sure it does."

Clary glanced at the three once more before speaking. "Shall we?"