Chapter 19 {Edited}

The trio sat silently at Clary's words unsure what to say when suddenly Luke began to move.

"Luke," Clary said quickly getting up and rushing towards him.

Leona mentally contemplated for a moment before getting up from her spot on the couch. As much as she wanted to sit and relax, she knew she couldn't be selfish.

The brunette knew Magnus had felt the same when she watched him tilt his head at the disruption before making his way over to the werewolf. Leona, despite her growing exhaustion, quickly followed.

"The magic's wearing off," Magnus murmured as the group stood in front of Luke, the werewolf groaning in pain causing Leona to wince in sympathy.

"It was our fault," Luke shouted, his mind fighting with itself. "It was our fault!"

Leona jumped in surprise when Luke began trashing in his spot, the man crying out in pain. Clary, Magnus, and Leona watched as the man's bandages began to peel off.

"It's worse," Clary said worriedly glancing at Magnus. Leona and Clary watched as the warlock tried to use magic on the werewolf.

"Magnus be careful." Leona couldn't help but say from beside Clary. She didn't know much about what he was doing but she knew that Luke's injury would require lots of magic and she was unsure if Magnus could handle the strain.

Clary let out a gasp of surprise when the whole room began to shake. Leona looked around the room before glancing back at Magnus, the warlock beginning to look pale.

"I'm running out of magic," Magnus told the girls.

"What do we do?" Clary asked, ready and alert.

"I can't leave him," Magnus said. "But the potion stock still needs Komodo scale." Leona cursed under her breath as she steadied herself from falling over. "Find it, add the rest when they get here."

Leona glanced at Clary. "You have to feed it to Luke yourself."

"What about you?" Clary asked the warlock in worry.

"I'll hold on as long as I can." Magnus groaned out.

Clary nodded at his words before rushing off in the direction of the potion. Leona watched the girl go before looking back at Magnus in distress.

As if reading her thoughts Magnus spoke up. "Go with Clary."

Leona took a second before mumbling a quick, "Fuck it." The girl quickly took her jacket off before walking to crouch beside Magnus. The warlock looked at her in disapproval.

Before he could protest, the Shadowhunter started. "I know you needed Alec or whatever."

"Leona, no." Magnus sternly told the girl.

"We don't have time!" Leona shouted back in response. She held her hand out to Magnus. "Do what you have to."

"Leona, you don't understand. Your body won't be able to take it." Magnus tried to explain to the girl. "Your mundane side could—"

"Magnus." Leona groaned out in frustration. "I'm not gonna let Luke die." She sighed. "And the way you're looking, you're not so far from it either." She told him bluntly.

Magnus doesn't glance her way causing the brunette to roll her eyes before forcefully grabbing one of Magnus' hands and intertwining it with her own. "Use me."

After a quick glance and knowing Leona wouldn't back down, Magnus finally nodded and began to chant. Leona let out a gasp as she felt Magnus's energy pulse through her as her power began draining from her.