31: Cool Down

The bags under Chiharu's eyes seemed to be making his whole face droop. Or at least that's how he felt. 

Let him be the first to tell, you screaming at your best friend of over a decade did not let you have a good nights sleep. 

He had spent the whole night confused, both over emotional and numb. His heart was aching at the thought of Izuku hating him and how he had basically announced that they should never have become friends in the first place. Every second he thought about it made him want to sob uncontrollably. 

On the other hand, he was so fucking angry. He had never been an emotional person before this year. He had never felt anger like this before. Not even when Izuku was unfairly bullied. He was just so furious. He wanted to punch Izuku in the jaw and never speak to him. Maybe scream at him more. He wanted to scream at everyone actually. 

Living in the dorms with your entire class didn't give you a lot of space and that morning it had felt like everyone was ticking him off. Like every little move was done just to make him even madder. 

"Iwamoto, do you know the answer?". 

The boy's eyes snapped open, he hadn't even noticed they'd closed. He looked up at Ectoplasm with a bewildered expression before his eyes scanned the board. 

"The slope is eight over three?" He tried, his answer sounding more like a question. 

Ectoplasm seemed to take pity on him, clearly having not realized Chiharu was half asleep when he called on him at random. "Eight point five over three, but yes correct." The teacher nodded, writing the solution down on the board. 

Chiharu breathed a sigh of relief and laid his head down on his desk, his eyes slipping closed again. He could tell some of his classmates were staring at him, but that was to be expected. He and Midoriya were escorted back to the dorms in the middle of the night after having a fight. They were like the token best friends, of course everyone was weirded out. 

He stayed like that, eyes closed and thoughts drifting until the bell rang for lunch. The classroom emptied out quickly but for some reason when Chiharu opened his eyes there was someone standing above him. 

"Oi, get the fuck up." Katsuki shouted, kicking the desk. Chiharu snapped upright and glared at him. 

"Not in the mood asshole." He snapped, turning to leave. He trudged out of the classroom only to be stopped by Mina and Kirishima. 

"Oh sweet, are you eating with us today?" Kirishima asked, a bright smile on his face. 

"Ah, no I was just-" "Hell yeah! You're sitting next to me." Mina interrupted. 

"Hey, I wanna sit next to him." Kaminari whined, popping out from behind Kirishima. 

"If you're all gonna be this fucking noisy you can all sit next to him in match GRAVES!" Katsuki shouted, kicking his idiot friends so he could get through the doorway. 

"Hey, don't be mean to Iwamoto!" Kirishima said, putting his arm around the boy. "He's actually nice. Unlike some people.". 

"That piece of shit is the furthest thing from nice." The blond said resolutely. 

"The fuck did you just say to me?" Chiharu asked, moving away from Kirishima so he could square up with Bakugou. 

It was strange really. In middle school Chiharu was much shorter than him, not there was barely a centimeter's difference. Bakugou seemed to notice too, because he immediately looked ticked off. 

"Alright, keep moving big guy." Sero said, grabbing Bakugou and hauling him away from Chiharu. Kaminari did the same thing to Haru and they were both dragged into the lunch room like that.