16: A Good Clean Fight

Bakugou. He was fighting Bakugou. 

Maybe he should have expected this. The universe had a funny way of doing things, of toying with people. 

Still, it seemed rather random. It didn't feel like he was ready to confront Bakugou. Maybe he would have been before the whole Izuku-All Might thing, and maybe he would be in a couple of days or weeks. But he wasn't right now. 

It wasn't the right time. He had too much going on. His hatred for Bakugou because of what he did to Izuku for years wasn't at the forefront of his mind. Not at all. 

He just felt so...swimmy and lost. Haru didn't even know how to feel about Izuku. They hadn't been the friends they were before U.A in ages. There were fewer sleepovers, fewer shared dinners and even fewer hugs. Chiharu missed the feeling of Izuku's arms around him. He liked the security that came from that embrace. 

After a day spent jumping out of windows and shoving trays of food into people's faces after they did or said something to Izuku, it felt so nice, so relieving to be held. It felt like Izuku was trying to relieve his worries. To share some of the burden that was elementary and middle school. 

Now it felt like they were miles apart. Like they hadn't sat down and talked about everything in a pillow fort in Izuku's bedroom in years. And Chiharu missed it so much his heart ached. 

He missed the Izuku who smiled at him so brightly. He didn't like how worried, how paranoid he was getting or how he started avoiding talking about heroes or quirks with Chiharu. 

To be fair, Chiharu hadn't been all that honest with him either. He hadn't told Izuku he had been kicked out (mostly because he didn't want to tell Izuku he was gay). He hadn't told him he was living with Hawks or that he had quit his job. He just told him he'd had to change his train route so they couldn't ride together anymore. 

God this was all his fault. He hadn't been honest and now it was all falling apart. 

Chiharu was so worried about his breaking relationship with Izuku he didn't even notice anyone entering the room until a phone was shoved to his ear. 

"Haru?" The voice asked, sounding groggy. The boy recognized it right away. 

"Izu! How did the surgery go? Are you feeling okay? Is your mom there yet?" He asked, taking the phone from Uraraka's hand without even noticing it was hers. Izuku's laugh filtered through the phone. 

"I'm fine. The doctor's going to give us the news on how the surgery went in a little bit, and my mom's holding the phone right now, so yes she's here." Izuku said, the smile audible in his voice. Chiharu felt himself laugh at the image of Inko holding the phone while wiping the tears that were definitely pouring down her face right now. 

"I wanted to wish you luck." Izuku said after a moment of silence. "I never got a chance to before, I was...busy. I'll tell you about it later. I wanted to. Its a tradition, you know?". Chiharu smiled and agreed. 

"Its necessary." Haru said. "Well then good luck." Izuku said, "Oh, and do you want to sleep at my place today?". 

Chiharu felt relief wash through him. He could cry with how happy he was in this moment. "Yeah." He said, trying and failing to keep the wetness out of his voice. "I'll ask if I can stay over. I'm sure he'll say yes.". 

"He always does." Izuku said and Chiharu realized abruptly that Izu was talking about his father. "I've got a lot to tell you too." The black haired boy said. 

"I'll see you later then." Izuku said, "Do your best out there. I know you and Kacchan don't get along, but don't kill him please. Not for my sake.". Chiharu rolled his eyes at the startled expressions of Uraraka and Iida, who he almost forgot were in the room with him.