24: To Take Action

"Its not a hideout.". 

Kirishima's voice was wavering as he looked through the night vision goggles. "No ones in there...well sort of." He continued. The boy handed the goggles to Izuku, who looked equally shocked. 

The teens passed the device around, none of them speaking until everyone had a change to look. When they reached Chiharu he didn't know what to expect. 

Nomu. Dozens of Nomu in tanks along the wall. He cursed a little under his breath. Whoever had been texting Touya must have been talking about this, not the hideout. 

"I shouldn't have taken that info." He said, "This is too dangerous. We have to go.". 

Suddenly, the sound of sirens filled the area. The police had arrived along with multiple pro heroes. Mount Lady was the only one they could see from their angle because of her current height. 

"We should warn them-" Yaomomo started, but Todoroki shook his head. 

"We're too close to the Nomus. If we reveal ourselves we could be putting them under more strain." He said simply. She looked like she was going to protest, but didn't. 

Mount Lady used a nearby car to smash through the warehouse and suddenly the place sprung to life. Several things emerged, and among them was a strange looking villain. 

He made them all nervous. The way he held himself-his warped body...it was uncomfortable to even look at. 

The group stood and watched as Best Jeanist, who seemed to suddenly appear, used his quirk to tie the new mysterious villain up. 

Something was off about the whole situation. Chiharu cast a concerned look to Yaomomo who gave him one in return. 

"We have to hurry up." Todoroki said simply. After a couple nods they started moving closer, inching towards the warehouse. 

The villain burst free of his confines, attacking the heroes in return. 

Blood soaked through his costume. 

And then, like it couldn't get more chaotic, the rest of the league of villains materialized from a blob of black goo. Bakugou was among them. 

"Kacchan!" Izuku said, green lightening crackling at his fingertips. All Might had arrived on scene too. 

"We have to move now." The green haired boy said, "He's so close.". 

"We'll blow our cover." Kirishima said, "If they see us now...we're in danger. He could kill us.". He spoke to words like he was somehow causing it just by speaking it. 

Chiharu had to agree with him. He wasn't usually worried about dying, but this seemed different. Something about that villain...it looked like he could kill Haru. A feat few were capable of. 

--------- ------- -------- --------- ---------- -------- -------- 

"It is a gamble," Iida said, "But we don't have any other options. We must trust in this idea.". 

Izuku nodded, then turned to Haru. "You've got this." He said with a wide smile. They had to split up. Izuku, Kirishima and Iida would rescue Bakugou while Todoroki, Yaomomo and Chiharu fought off and distracted the league. 

Chiharu, for some reason felt his eyes water. He was scared and definitely didn't want to let Izuku throw himself into danger so recklessly. 

Maybe if they weren't surrounded by their classmates, he would try to finish what he started just 42 hours ago. Maybe he could tell Izuku how he really felt. 

He couldn't, but with all that emotion so close to the surface, he couldn't just do nothing. So, mustering up all his courage his cupped Izuku's jaw and kissed him on the cheek. It was light, barely a touch at all, but it was there.