Jack followed Arcee through the dark and gloomy pine forest. "I really wished I packed some insect repellent," he complained as he swatted away the mosquitoes. "The mosquitoes out here on this routine recon are the size of vampire bats and they drink just about as much blood," he exaggerated.

"Quite the outdoorsman aren't you Jack," Arcee smiled as she looked up from the scanner.

"You wouldn't be making fun of my survival kit."

"Maybe," Arcee replied.

"I may not have stinger proof metal skin Arcee but in a pinch I can use my multi-function pocket knife and magnesium fire-started to cook up some freeze-dried mac n cheese."

"You have your tools, I have mine," Arcee said, waving the scanner, the scanner rapidly beeped for a short amount of time.

"That's odd, Ratchet satellite scans were accurate but subterranean energon deposits don't cause this kind of surge," Arcee wondered as she looked left and right. Arcee walked on, Jack looked around.

"Hey Arcee! Check this out!" he called out, she turned around to see what Jack had found. He pointed at a paw print, "do you think there are mountain lions are out here?" Jack asked. A mountain lion wouldn't phase Arcee but Jack would be a perfect snack.

Arcee counted five toes. "No cats, even large ones usually have four toes, this one has five, so what I'm thinking is that (y/n) passed through here, but it's strange, she usually doesn't leave tracks," Arcee wondered as she continued ahead.

"Do you think she's okay?" Jack asked. He had been meaning to thank her for helping out in Vince's rescue but she hadn't come back to base in awhile. Jack noticed a deep redish-purpleish color on the ground and smeared on the trees. He hoped it wasn't blood.

Arcee stopped at a clearing where a large object had clearly left it's mark. It had torn a trench into the ground and cleared away some trees. "What happened here?" Jack asked.

"Crash landing, may be what the cat was out here hunting, stay behind me, low and close," Arcee said firmly. She noticed that there were small paw indents, (y/n) had definitely investigated what was out here but hadn't reported it, Arcee wondered if she had already finished the job or something else had happened.

Arcee moved quicker keeping low she spotted claw marks in the ground and on trees.

"Autobot or Decepticon?" Jack asked as the two crouched near a fallen tree.

"Can't tell but if (y/n) is out here then there's something out here, wait here," Arcee ordered. She drew her blaster and walked ahead. She cautiously looked left and right. She crouched as she spotted a pool of a deep reddish color. She knew it was (y/n)'s blood but the question was what was she fighting and is (y/n) okay.

Arcee approached the ship. Entered the ship. She walked past an obvious trophy room where dead alien species were kept. Including one serpent, one avian and one canine, whoever was collecting these beasts was missing a feline, (y/n).

Memories she didn't want to remember can flooding back. Memories of a Decepticon, that inspired hate, fear and heart break. She shook her head to clear her mind of such thoughts as Jack ran over to her, "Arcee, what's wrong?"

"I know who this ship belongs to," she said gravely, "Arcee to base, I need a ground bridge asap," she called.

"wait wait why? whose ship is this?" Jack asked.

Arcee ignored his question as she tried to call base again ,"scrap commlinks dead, the ships got to be transmitting a high frequency scrambler pulse" she said.