Chapter 5: Kiss

Chapter 5

Kiss

 ~Janice

I was doing my physics homework when a knock was heard from downstairs. Pushing myself away from the desk I dragged myself towards the door.

Before opening the door I checked myself in the mirror besides the door cleaning away any sign that could give my façade away. Last night wasn’t a good night for me. Again they knocked on the door more impatient. I rolled my eyes. When I looked presentable from any mess, I yanked open the door.

My jaw dropped as my eyes shot open in surprise.

Nate stood in front of me with both his hands behind his head as he grinned at me. I shook away any expression and tried to keep it empty.

“What do you want?” I asked flatly. How dare he have the nerve to show his face.

“We need to talk,” he said seriously as he tucked his hands inside his pockets.

“There nothing to talk about,” I answered bleakly. “The deal’s off. Go have fun with Sonya.” Rage build up inside when I mentioned Sonya.

He took a step towards me, “you’re wrong.”

I sighed impatient. “Leave.” Whatever lies he was about to tell me I didn’t want to hear it.

“No.” That was it.

 I was about to slam the door on his face, but he caught it before it could even move an inch. “We need to talk.”

“I don’t want to listen to you,” I groaned as he fought against my strength to keep the door from closing. “Go away… Go away or… I’ll call the police.”

He snorted. “The police?” I frowned a second later. Dang, I forgot he had enough money to buy the whole department if he wanted to.

I grunted further more as I pressed my whole weight on the door.

“Let me in.”

“No!”

“Please, we need to talk.”

“I don’t want to hear!”

He grunted as he let go of door making it slam loudly.

“I’m not going anywhere,” he called out.

I pressed my back against the door sighing. Can’t he just go away? Can’t he find himself some other girl to deal with? Why me?!

Slowly I raise my head and moved my body to the side towards the window. I peeked through the curtain to find Nate sitting on my porch. He was determined. Chewing, on the inside of my cheek I tried to plan ways to get rid of him.

“How do I get rid of him?” I asked myself. I took a step back thinking, the possibilities weren’t coming towards me. I looked around the room when an object caught my eye. A grin spread across my face. 

Just as I imagined Nate was still on my porch looking up at the puffy clouds. For a split second my mind thought about what he could be thinking. I shook my head pulling myself together I inhaled deeply as I opened the door wide.

Without warning I threw the bucket of water on him. Satisfaction bubbled inside of me. His face was priceless as he stared at me flabbergasted. I chuckled loudly with satisfaction.

“Now you have a reason to leave,” I said coldly as I threw the bucket at him. He grinned wide. I realized too late my mistake. Before I could close the door, he threw himself at me crushing me between his arms. Air whooshed out of my lungs from the impact. I landed like a punching bag on the floor as Nate was smirking hovering above me.