Ch 21

They had finally reached the Smoky Mountain area and parked. It was morning and Klaus was in a hurry up mood. They got out and Klaus opened the trunk.

       "Stefan, carry him. We will track down where the pack is at," He said. Stefan looked at him.

       "Why do I have to carry him?" He asked.

       "Just make yourself useful, would you," Klaus said. Stefan groaned and picked up an unconscious Ray. They started up the trail of the mountain. Klaus and Seraphina were looking at the ground, they needed to find where they were at. Seraphina stopped. Klaus turned around and looked at her.

       "What is it?" He asked. She looked to the right of where they were at and pointed in that direction.

       "That way, I can sense them," She said. Klaus nodded and they took off in that direction.

       "Why would they be off the trail?" Stefan asked.

       "So people who frequently travel here won't see them turn on a full moon. It would be secluded and they would have their freedom," She said. Klaus pointed at her.

       "What she said," he said. They had finally made it to their campground.

       "Well hello folks, getting ready for the full moon I see," Klaus said to them. They turned and looked at him.

       "Who the hell are you?" A girl asked.

       "My name is Klaus," He responded. The girl then looked scared.

       "You're the Hybrid," She said. Klaus chuckled.

       "Well, I'm glad my reputation precedes me," He said. Stefan threw Ray on the ground.

       "Now, which one of you is human? Your friend here will need human blood in order to complete the transition," Klaus said and then made eye contact with a guy who looked absolutely terrified. A girl stepped forward.

       "What are you doing?" She asked.

        "I'm creating Hybrids. And you lot will be my test subjects. You should feel honored," He said. He then went around the camp, feeding all the werewolves blood and killing them. Seraphina took a seat on a rock and watched it all happen. Stefan turned to her.

       "So that's why you did what you did? To let him create Hybrids?" He asked her.

       "When we were turned, the Original Witch sealed his werewolf's side. She said it was an abomination to be both. Now in order to undo what she had done, well, you know that part. Now, Niklaus has the power to create a new race," She said.

        "Ah, I see. So that's what Elijah talked about when he was explaining all this," He said. She could see he was trying to torment her with Elijah.

       "And what did the Noble brother have to say," She said, playing along with Stefan.

       "Well, he despises Klaus because of what he did to their family and also because he's both a werewolf and a vampire, making him stronger. Which explains why he stopped loving you when you turned and he found out you were still a witch as well," He said. Klaus turned around to face Stefan. Before Klaus could intervene, Seraphina stood up and looked at him.

       "Elijah acts like he is noble and does the right thing. But he will lie and kill anyone who defies him and does not agree with him. You think you can't trust me? Then you definitely can't trust Elijah," She said.

        "At least he tried to save Elena and kept his word on a lot of things he said he was going to do," Stefan said.

        "But did he? Did he try to save Elena?" She asked. She watched his face. She saw he was holding something back. She narrowed her eyes at him.