Ch 17

Seraphina woke up to her phone ringing. It was Damon. She groaned and let the phone go to voicemail. Not even a second later, the phone was ringing again. She sat up with a huff and answered the phone.

        "What did you think I meant when I said I was out of commission?" She asked.

       "This guy Klaus, is that the same Niklaus you talk about?" He asked her. She sighed.

       "Why?" She asked. Damon scoffed.

       "Why? Because your precious Niklaus is trying to kill Elena to break his stupid Hybrid curse," He yelled into the phone. She didn't answer anymore and hung up the phone. She threw her phone on the table and reached into her boot, pulling out the Moonstone. She put it in a little box and locked it. She set it with her things and went and took a shower, washing the dried blood off of her. As she got changed her phone went off again. She sighed and picked it up.

       "Hello?" She said.

       "You need to get here Seraphina," Elena said over the phone. She was nervous.

      "Okay, be there in a bit," She said with a sigh and drove to Elena's house. When she got there, there was a car parked out front. She got out and walked to the house, knocking on the door. The door opened to reveal Elijah.

      "Why am I here?" She asked. Elijah smiled at her.

      "Well, I'm doing some research and I heard you're quite the history buff as well," He said. With that, he walked out the door. She caught Elena's eye as he shut the door.

      "Now, shall we take my car or yours?" He asked. She crossed her arms.

      "Or we could drive separately. You drive and I follow," She said. Elijah chuckled and agreed. He took her to an abandoned place. She got out of her car and looked at him.

      "Really? The Bennett fire house? Why?" She asked and she shut her door.

       "I'm trying to protect Elena and from what I just found out, you would rather her be dead than saved," He said.

       "I know what you're trying to do Elijah and I'm not going to join in on the crusade to save her," She said.

      "Why would you let Klaus do this? There was a reason for his werewolf side to be sealed away," He said.

      "You know, I thought you were supposed to be daggered," She said, trying to get off the subject. Elijah shifted.

       "I was. For over a hundred years because of what I did to you," He said. Seraphina looked at him.

       "What?" She asked.

      "When I tried to kill you, Klaus let it go. But when we broke up and you told him that you were scared, he daggered me. He said he wouldn't let anything happen to you. Not by anyone's hands. He then confessed his love for you and I tried to stake him out of anger. Ultimately he won and I lied in a box," He explained.

       "If you hated me then why would you try to kill him?" She asked, crossing her arms. Elijah walked up to her.

      "I could never hate you, Sera. I don't think you're an abomination. I just couldn't bear to see you get close with him. When I saw that you two shared similarities I felt you drifting away. I said horrible things about you and to you to try and get you to hate me and to make it easier on myself, but it never worked," He said. He raised his hand to her cheek, brushing a strand of hair out of her face.

      "I still love you, Sera," He said. She tried to look anywhere but his face.

       "I don't believe you," She said softly. He tried to kiss her but she pushed him away.

      "No, no I won't let you pull me back in. I can't," She said, almost stuttering over her words. He looked at her with hurt.

      "Why?" He asked. Tears fell from her eyes.

       "Because, Niklaus always checked up on me. He saw me every hundred of years and now that I find out that you were released from the casket, you never once made an effort to see me. Not once! But Niklaus did. And when he was with me, he made every moment about us. He never lied to me, he never took me for granted. He truly loved me," She said, tears running down her face. Elijah swallowed hard. He looked down at the ground.

      "Do you love him?" He asked. She couldn't lie to him. She tried to push her feelings down for Niklaus every day but when she had those memories of him and how he made her feel alive. Almost human, she couldn't deny those feelings anymore.

      "Yes Elijah, I love him," She said. He nodded his head.

       "Then let me ask you one question," He said. She looked at him.

      "What?" She asked.

      "Let me be your friend again. Please, when Klaus comes, I won't try to ruin it for you. I'll leave you alone. Just please, let me be in your life again," He asked. Almost begging for her.

      "You will have to prove that you want that. I can't be tricked again," She said. Elijah nodded his head. He opened his arms up, she decided to trust him and wrapped her arms around him.

      "I'm sorry, Sera," He said and that was the last thing she heard before a dagger was inserted into her heart.