48

24

AMBER

After we finished going four rounds, I lay my head against Lorenzo's chest, feeling his heart thump softly beneath me.

Both of us were sweating profusely. I could hardly recover from the most mind-blowing experience I'd ever had in my whole damn life.

He ran his hands through my hair, pressing his lips against my forehead, before bringing my palms up to his face, placing soft kisses on them that caused butterflies to hammer against my chest.

"You know..." he heaved. "I never want this to end."

"Neither do I..." I whispered, tangling his hands in mine.

"I know I haven't known you for long... But I feel for you as if I've known you for years," he whispered. "I don't know if I'm wrong to be so trusting of a woman I hardly know. Of a woman I just met. But I can't help myself. Everything's just... different, with you."

I cupped his face in my hands, looking up, allowing his gaze to burn into mine, before I placed a soft kiss on his mouth.

"I feel the same," I murmured, and suddenly, he was kissing me back harder.

Almost desperately.

As if he felt like if he didn't kiss me...

I was going to disappear.

"Lorenzo..." I whispered. "Is there something wrong? You're acting really strange." I let out a deep breath that I didn't know I was holding. "Is there something you're not telling me?"