5

3

AMBER

We arrived at the club, and the first thing we did was head straight to the bar.

"I'm so ready to get hammered," said Isha, giggling.

I laughed in response.

The barman smiled at us, as we sat down on our stools.

"What will it be, ladies?" he grinned.

"Jack Daniels, please," Isha smiled.

"Rum and coke please," I added.

"Coming right up," he replied, and got to mixing the drinks and passing them to us.

The music that was playing was a Flo Rida song called Turn Around. The bass on the song was loud, roaring in my ears, causing heat to pound through my body.

Shorty got it jumping around and I'm thrown

And we got a couple of rounds of Nuvo

Everybody looking around like uh-oh

Okay, what you say, let's play

Shake it with a little bit of Beyoncé

Turn around and give it to me shorty get paid

Do it for them girls they be jealous anyway

Isha started waving her arms in the air, as she drank her entire drink in one swallow, not stopping for a breath.

"WOOO!" she yelled.

I couldn't lie, that the feeling was sensational. Because I never went out...

I allowed myself to enjoy the moment.

Getting lost in my surroundings, getting lost in the music.

And I began to allow my body to move to the beat.

"Come on Amber, let's dance!" Isha screamed.

I giggled in response, knowing that I had to do this more often. I took her hand in mine, ready to walk away from the bar, and make our way to the dance floor.

But just as we turned on our heels, we heard a deep, gruff voice beckoning us.

"Not till you let me buy you girls a drink first," came a voice from behind us.

We turned around, widening our eyes, as we saw a broad man standing behind us. He was bald. He had thick, bushy eyebrows, narrow, slanted green eyes, a big beard, and a big smile on his face. He looked a little full-on and intimidating.

His gaze was fixated on me, eyeing me up and down with a predatory regard, that caused me to feel a little uncomfortable about my spot.

"No, I don't think that will be necessary-" I began, ready to kindly turn down the drink.

"We'd love to! Don't be silly, Amber," Isha interjected. "We're getting a free drink!"

I rolled my eyes, exasperated, not happy that Isha agreed to everything.

But she was the life of the party, after all.

"Awesome," Baldie grinned, but his eyes never left mine once.

"A vodka for both of these beautiful girls, please," he grinned to the barman.

"Of course! Coming right up," the barman replied, and after a few moments, he slammed the drinks down on the table.

I turned around to speak to Isha alone, gritting my teeth.

"I've had enough to drink," I hissed. "Why did you have to agree to another?"

"Stop being such a party pooper!" Isha hissed back. "The guy is lovely, and he's buying us a drink! Appreciate the gesture, this is what happens on a normal night out to clubbing!"

I rolled my eyes, feeling like if I rolled them anymore, they would pop out of my head.

"You really need to come out more often. You haven't got the faintest idea how the world works!" Isha shot at me.

"Fine," I sighed, and we both turned back to the man at the bar.

He brought his drink up to his mouth, which was sparkling amber liquid, just like my name, and he was drinking from it, still staring at me.

"Everything okay, ladies?" he asked, shrugging.

"Yes, absolutely fine," Isha reassured him.

"Drink up," he grinned.

I reached for my glass hesitatingly, before bringing it up to my lips.

And just as I did...

Somebody from behind me knocked the glass straight out of my hands.