Chapter Seventeen

As the ship landed, I ran onto it as quickly as I could. I grabbed Lloyd and kissed him happily as everyone else said their goodbyes.

"Stop making out," Cole rolled his eyes as he passed us.

"Sorry," I pulled away from Lloyd.

"Lloyd, what happened? Between Garmadon getting sucked into the sky and-" I stopped as I saw Pythor. "You're not tiny anymore."

"The anocondria spirits decided that he was brave and deserved an award for his actions," Lloyd said.

"And your father?" I asked.

Lloyd looked down sadly. "Let's talk about it later."

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

We were all surrounding a fire on top of the statue that almost killed us. Lloyd had filled me in on what happened. His father and his noble sacrifice and everything in between. I would miss Garmadon.

Wu poured us some tea.

"To the anocondria," Kai raised his cup. "The greatest warriors of their time."

"Yeah!" Jay laughed. "Now it's our turn to make our ancestors proud!"

"Because we are proud of those who were here before us. To show us the way," Lloyd said, holding the spell book that has taken his father to the cursed realm close to his chest. "Goodbye, Father."

"His loss will affect us all," Wu said.

"Not his loss," Misako said. "His life. He made us stronger, and he brought us together."

We all looked up at the sky to mourn.

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon," Lloyd said.

"Student of Sensei Garmadon," Wu added.

"He made me who I am today," Lloyd said. "He was my father, he was my adversary, but in the end, he was my friend."

"It's because of him, that we will live to see tomorrow," I smiled.

"And for every tomorrow, we will live to honor him," Zane agreed.

Lloyd threw the spell book into the fire. We turned to see Garmadon's face being sculpted into the rock in the Corridor of Elders.

"And it's because of him that we'll be ready for whatever comes next," Jay said.

"Skeletons," Cole said.

"Snakes," Kai said.

"Nindroid," Zane added.

"And anocondria wannabes," Jay laughed.

"And ghosts!" I said.

"Ghosts don't exist, y/n," Cole said.

"Oh," I frowned.

"So, is y/n an official part of the team now?" Nya asked Lloyd.

"Uh . . . I don't know, we haven't talked about it," Lloyd said. "It all depends on what she wants."

"Well, she's a great fighter, a good friend, can make fifty people fall in love with her at the drop of a hat, and she's funny," Jay said. "Isn't she literally perfect for being a ninja?"

"Do you want to be a ninja?" Kai asked.

"I mean . . . Yeah," I said. "But I don't know if I'd be very good."

Wu threw his cup of tea in the air. "Think fast!"

I cart-wheeled towards the tea and it landed on my head. I pulled it off and handed it back to Wu, noticing none of it spilled.

"I didn't know I could do that," I laughed.

"The first female on the team. Quite an accomplishment," Nya said.

"Uh . . . Thanks?" I smiled.

"Hey, what color do you want to be?" Wu asked.

"I mean, I've always been pink, so wouldn't I just continue being pink?" I asked.

"Well, you haven't seemed to like pink," Wu said. "Constantly complaining. What color do you want to be if not pink?"

"I'll be mint," I said.

"Good choice," Lloyd said.

I had spent years trying to find a place where I was meant to be. A place where I could belong. A place of friends. Ever since my parents died, I had never felt true happiness.

That was, until I met Lloyd. The boy I had fallen in love with. The boy who was my soulmate. I felt true happiness with him.

Still, we were stuck in the Tournament of Elements and I didn't belong. None of us did. Now, everything had fully changed.

Amongst the ninja, I belonged. I had created a friend in them. Everything was perfect.

I Found My Place.

https://youtu.be/PFQs2iHi3Ew

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚
707 words