Chapter Ten

I opened my eyes. I was in the woods. I recognized these woods. These were the woods that my parents would bring me to on our walks. I looked towards my left to see my father. On my right, was my mother.

"You have done it. You have found your soulmate," my mother said.

"We are so very proud of you," my father said.

I felt a hand on my waist and I spun around to see Lloyd standing there, with his hand on my waist, smiling.

Lloyd opened his mouth. "Hello," he said, but it wasn't his voice.

It was Clouse speaking.

Suddenly the bright forest went dark. I heard screaming all around me. I fell to the ground and covered my ears. The screaming wasn't coming form around me. It was coming from my mind.

"What's going on?!" I yelled.

Lloyd grabbed my chin and forced me to look up at him. He spoke again, with Clouse's voice. "Magic," was the only answer he gave me, before fading away. My parents then also faded away. The trees followed. Soon I was sitting in a black abyss by myself.

Clouse's voice filled my mind. "You will always be alone."

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

I woke up in cold sweat. Lloyd looked at me from the bed next to mine. "Are you okay?" he whispered.

"I'm fine," I lied.

"I may have only known you for a little while, but I know you well enough to know that you're lying," Lloyd said.

"It was . . . just a nightmare," I promised.

Lloyd got up and sat next to me on the bed. He rubbed my back. "You're going to be okay. We can get through this. We'll find Zane and find Cole, and then . . . we'll go home."

"We won't see each other if you go back to your home and I go back to mine," I realized, all thoughts of my nightmare gone.

"I've been thinking about that. I was . . . wondering if you wanted to maybe . . . live with me and the ninja and Nya and Wu and my dad."

I gasped. "Lloyd . . . I don't know," I whisperex. "I don't know if I can just leave my home like that."

"That's why I wanted to give you time to think before just jumping into it," Lloyd said. "I realize that it's a big commitment, but we are soulmates, so . . ."

"I'll think about it," I promised.

Lloyd kissed my cheek and then laid back down in his own bed.

I never fell back asleep. There were too many things to think about.

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

All of us stood in Kai's room. We had gotten our rooms back after three days of shared rooms.

"I already told you. I don't want to be part of your little alliance," Shade said. "I'm gunning for that staff."

Lloyd shook his head. "This isn't about an alliance. This is about finding out who the spy is. Nobody is leaving this room until we find out who is passing information to Chen." Garmadon nodded and blocked the door.

I laid my head on Lloyd's shoulder. "How are we going to find out who it is?" I whispered.

Shade narrowed his eyes at Lloyd. "Why you looking at me, Greenie? I ain't your spy."

I straightened up.

"Perhaps I can help," Neuro offered. Neuro lifted a hand to his head. "I don't know who, but someone in this room isn't who they say they are."

"That's real helpful, Neuro," I said sarcastically.

"I don't see you doing anything!" Neuro shot back.

"Stop being rude, Neuro!" Lloyd yelled.

"Your girlfriend is the one being rude!" Turner yelled.

"Shut up!" Kai yelled at Turner.

"How do we know we can trust you?" Skylor asked Neuro. "Maybe I should use your power to see inside your head."

"I'd like to see you try, power hoarder," Neuro narrowed his eyes.

Kai jumped in between them. "This is what Chen wants, for us to fight. We don't have to. There has to be a more civilized way around this."

"There is!" Garmadon said. "Everyone who has ever worked for Chen has the anocondria tattoo on their back. Find the tattoo, find the spy."

"Genius!" I called. "Great idea, Garmadon!"

"Anyone object?" Lloyd asked, raising an eyebrow.

Neuro showed his back first. "Can I go now?"

"Not until we check everyone," Lloyd said. "Who's next?"

"I think that Turner should go next. Very suspicious," I said.

Turner smiled at me. "Let's do this!" He spun around and showed us his back. No tattoo.

"Fine. You're clear," I said.

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

"Only two left," Lloyd said.

"Skylor and Shade," I said.

"I hate to do this," Kai told Skylor. "But it's your turn. Show your back please."

"How could you not trust me? I came to you with the fortune cookie!" Skylor said.

I set a hand on Skylor's shoulder. "Even I had to show my back, and I'm literally dating one of them," I said. "We don't think it's you. We just have to check everyone."

Skylor went to show her back, but Lloyd interrupted. "Where did Shade go?!"

"He disappeared through his own shadow!" Jay realized.

"There he is!" Turner yelled, pointing at a corner. "Get him!"

"I ain't your spy," Shade said. "And I ain't your friend either. That staff will be mine."

"If you aren't the spy, show your fucking back!" I yelled. "It's not that hard!"

Lloyd shot a green ball of energy at Shade, but he got out of the way. Instead, it hit a picture of Kai, which fell on top of Jay.

Jay screamed. "Get off my leg! Get Kai off of me!"

Garmadon lunged at Shade. Shade ran out the door.

"It must be Shade," Neuro said.

"You fucking think?!" I yelled.

"Skylor," Kai said, grabbing her shoulder. "I'm sorry."

"Don't!" Skylor said. "And if you still think that I'm the spy, watch me walk out that door." Skylor showed her un-tattooed back before leaving.

"What happened to our alliance?" Jay asked.

"What alliance?" Lloyd and I asked in unison.

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚
1058 words