Forbidden

I pulled onto the highway and got lost in my thoughts of the night before. The night I met him.

I felt so confident getting into the back seat of Emmas car. My best friends were there, my outfit preapproved by the group chat. I had on a pair of jeans, my favorite. A strappy sandal. my hair slicked back into a bun with a middle part. Gold hoops another favorite and a black wrap style top that accentuated my waist.

They passed around the mcdonalds cup with sprite and something stronger. I gulped it and passed it along. Next the blunt rolled perfectly was passed to me. The comfort of the familiar smoke swirling around my face. Pulled in a couple drags and continued the rotation. Excitement over the plans of the evening were shared among the group. Three different bars were on the itinerary. This should be fun.

We pulled up to the street we wanted to park at and started to attempt a parallel park. Not successfully. We were at it for about ten minutes trying to squeeze in between two cars and we weren't giving up because we were lucky to find it close to the first bar.

I got out to try and help guide Emma into the spot. When he walked by a quick glance let me know he was gorgeous. Tall. Dark hair and thick brows. A sharp jawline and broad shoulders. Our eyes met before I quickly looked away.

I was motioning to Emma to turn the wheel further to the right when I heard "You need some help." I turned around it was him, noticing now he was with two of his friends. All three were quite the sight but he was definitely my favorite out of the group. "mmm I'm not sure we've been at it for about ten mins. The spot is pretty tight." I flinched expecting a 'thats what she said' joke. "I'll park it for you if you'd like." "ok.. Emma, he said he will park it." I told her through the open window.

Emma stepped out of the car leaving her door open. He walked around the front of the car and sat in it. Brooke was so lucky to be sitting next to him. I remember thinking I can't wait to talk about this with them later.

He parked quickly and with flair within a minute. He stepped out of the car and gave Emma the keys. " Thank you, I really appreciate that." "Anytime, the spot is pretty tight you may have a hard time pulling out unless one of these cars leaves first."

"Maybe you should help us at the end of the night too then." blurted out Emma always the forward one. "Haha" He laughed genuinely. "Where are you guys headed?" "Wise fox first, then Burbary and then ending the night at Bubbas." "Oh wow quite the evening you guys have planned, well I'm Chris, these are my friends Max and Noah." "Nice to meet you guys I'm Emma, this is Elyse and that's Brooke." We politely waved at his friends.

"Well we have to meet some friends from work at the Royal Oak first but maybe I can get your number and meet you guys later." He looked at me as he said this.... Does he want my number? Emma was the more friendly brazen one. But with him staring right at me it was hard to deny he meant me. " Um sure my number is 7864322312." Awesome got it, really nice to meet you. I'll call when we can get away." "See you guys later." Said Emma.

They walked away and we turned to the car pretending to be getting our things. When they were out of ear shot. We busted out into laughter. "Elyse he was obviously into you!" "Shut up I was just the first person he spoke to thats probably why he asked for my number." "I liked the noah guy." Brooke admitted. "He was cute too, they all were. But chris was hot." "Yeah he was." I agreed. "I have a boyfriend." I said as if I just remembered. Because part of me did just remember. " It's no big deal, Mark may be out doing the same thing right now." I rolled my eyes.

My friends were not a fan of Mark at all and they didn't bother to hide it. We had had our trouble and he was so secretive with his whole life even after moving in together. He never cared what I was doing. He wouldn't even text me tonight to check on me. But I was use to it and I love him for the most part. I had been telling him for weeks how it just didn't feel like a relationship anymore and I definitely couldn't live this way forever but he would just laugh it off, scoff or changed the subject.