Say his name

"ELYSE WAKE UP"

I hear this thinking I am still dreaming but I am being shaken roughly, it cant be a dream. I open my eyes and turn around. Mark looks infuriated. He has my phone in his hand. Fuck I didn't delete the messages. What time is it?

"What? What time is it?" 

"What the fuck is this Elyse ! You fucked someone else!!! OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!" 

Fuck.

"Shit" I sit up and stare at him. I have no idea what to say. Nothing is going to fix this. 

"YOU FUCKED SOMEONE ELSE ELYSE!! " 

"Mark please lower your voice the neighbors-" "THE NEIGHBORS YOU THINK i CARE ABOUT THE NEIGHBORS RIGHT NOW YOURE A FUCKING SLUT! " 

That might be true. 

"I haven't been happy Mark for a while you know this, I have been telling you I don't think we are going to work and you've been ignoring me." 

"EVERYONE GOES THROUGH HARD TIMES NO RELATIONSHIP IS PERFECT I DIDN'T THINK THAT MEANT YOU WERE GOING TO GO FUCK SOMEONE ELSE!" 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that but breaking up just seem so complicated our life is so entangled I didn't know what to do."

"So you want to break up?" He says quietly. Gosh this is the hardest part, when he finally stops being angry and shows a hint of humanity of flesh and vulnerability. 

"That is the obvious next step Mark."

He turns around and bites his balled up fist, then runs his hand through his hair. He is losing it, I did this. I feel so guilty. He walks out of the room. I can't even cry. I am numb. Am i excited? Do I want this break up that bad? Do I care if he's hurt? Of course I do. But he has been so terrible to me maybe this is revenge? 

So many thoughts its blinding. 

SLAM. SHATTER. Broken glass tinkled to the floor. 

What was that. I get up and step out of the room afraid of what I'll find. Mark is turned away from me in the kitchen. The glass cabinet is broken right through. 

"Mark" Silence. I step up to him and touch his shoulder. He shrugs me off. His hand is covered in blood. 

"Mark.. fuck let me help you." 

"Get the fuck away from me." He sounds defeated. I feel like my heart is shattering. Does he care?

"Mark just let me clean you up and then I will leave you alone."

"I am fine." He walks to the sink and starts washing off his hand. The blood washes away. Doesn't look too bad. No deep cuts it seems. "Let me check for glass." 

"I SAID IM FINE."

I step back and go to grab the first aid kit out of the bathroom. When I get back he's in the same position just letting the water run over his hand. 

"Can I please check it." He's quiet. I grab his hand and turn it over. No glass, lots of cuts but thankfully not too serious. I start to slather it in antibiotic cream. 

"Elyse I love you, how could you this to me. All those messages are just replaying in my head. He made you cum, you wish you were with him .... what the fuck."

I looked up at him. Are those tears? Is this an act?

"Mark you never made me feel like you even cared. I would tell you about guys making me feel uncomfortable at work and you never cared... I called you crying to tell you I think I like someone at work and you said 'what am I suppose to do'"