He lets go of me and grabs my shoulders, turning me to face him. "Give me the bags," he demands, annoyance laced in his tone.

With trembling hands, I hand them over to him and he descends the stairs. "Are you okay?" Jessie asks, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah... I'm okay," I mutter. "Please don't push yourself too hard... remember you're injured too," she says.

I nod and she leads me down the stairs and out of the house. The moment we step out of the gate, Levi is in the driver's seat of an onyx black Cadillac. Just where did this vehicle come from?

"Well then, goodbye Cassi," Jessie says, hugging me one more time. "Goodbye." I wave as I get into the passenger seat of the car. Levi starts the engine and waves at her one more time before jamming the accelerator.

"Listen, Cassi"

I gulp.

"I understand that you're trying to help me but let's not forget I'm not the only one who was in the car when it collided with that tree. If anything I should be feeling sorry for you because you sustained injuries and almost had nowhere to go. So please Cassi, let me take care of you."

I heave a sigh, nodding my head. Levi's still bandaged in the spots where he was shot— the side of his head, neck, and arm. And every time I glance at him, I can't help but see a fragile person. Someone who shouldn't even be moving their fingers. I don't want him stressing over anything because I'm sure he's still in pain. And I know he'll never admit it.

"Are you sure you're okay with driving again?"

"Bulletproof windows," he replies.

Of course.

"So fill me in on everything that's happened."

"Well... my mum came... and she tried taking me back home but I refused... now I'm scared."

"Don't worry... we'll think of something," he says. "Think of what? At this stage, there's nothing we can think of anymore. She's my mother... there's no escaping the consequences."

"What consequences could we be looking at here?"

"I don't know... she's so unpredictable."

"This isn't good," he mumbles. "What do we do now?" he muses, massaging his creased forehead as he handles the wheel with his right hand.

"It's okay... I'll take whatever punishment is coming for me... I deserve it anyway."

"No, you don't, this is my fault... I wish I could take that punishment for you," he sighs. "I'm very sorry about this."

"That's okay," I smile. "Where are we even going?"

•••

I gape as I spin and admire this luxurious hotel room, even bigger and better than the previous one. "So where's my room?" I ask him.

"You're standing in it," he simply replies as he begins unpacking his suitcase.

"Huh?"

"Cassi I promised myself that as long as we're here, I'll never let you out of my sight again. And I meant that literally this time."

Sharing a hotel room with Levi? This isn't good, this isn't good. I start to imagine the one million things that could happen while we're alone right now.

"I'm sure you're imagining the one million things that could happen while we're alone right now," he says. "But don't worry, I won't do anything without your consent," he smirks as he unbuttons his shirt.