Playing with the night

Ever since I was kid I had always loved to play. I always thought that life is game that people play, a very fun one. It all changed when my life made a drastic u-turn.

Life was like a clear sky. So sweet, I just couldn't wait to see the light, the clouds shinning, hinting at the headen sun in a cloudy weather. What mattered was that it was morning, despite the storm or the cloudy sky. As long as it was morning, the sun will always hint it's eye catching glow to the world.

Well, I was still eager to meet the morning. The only difference was that I was in anticipation to see the delightful morning because of something in the previous night. I was no longer playing a game with life rather life was the one playing a game with me (at night). The games at night have totally different rules than that I knew from my childhood adventures.

There is this rule that I have learn after countless of trips and levels in the game, 'closing your eyes is opening your eyes for evil'. In other words sleeping means inviting uninvited visitors.

Another rule, I guess I would say this is rule number 2. This rule is a little tricky.

'Never try to dance in a crowd while you know you suck at it!'

Well that was me, in a room full of my fellow teenagers and kids, sisters, the father. I could simply say that everyone was there dancing to the music.

I knew that nuns and father's where people that did not approve of what we where doing, because there was a group of people dancing,  Scandalously. There was a lot of things that did not add up to this Holy orphanage, apart from the fact that father Mateyu might not be human nor sister Theresa or even every one of them and according to them, I might also not be

But, I wasn't in the mood of thinking about that, apart from that there was something else going on that didn't make sense. For example, Father Mateyu dancing with sister Theresa in a way that I thought was most inappropriate, sister Theresa giggling, (well, that's new).

I was with Tama and Kumbu,bee were dancing. They new what they where doing on the dance floor, I didn't.

The rest two of my friends where no where to be seen. It was odd, that was according to Tama.

Meanwhile, Tiya was moving her body like there where no bones and no tomorrow. I could see the sweat on her forehead. I tried shout at her, I tried shout in top of the music but that just got my throat to hurt.

I snaked around the two of them and stood an inch from Rama's right ear. "Tiya, chill, the music isn't going anywhere" I shouted to her ear. She jumped. I must have startled her.

"We don't know about tomorrow" she answered blindly. She was so consumed to the dancing. One could swear she was being controlled but again it was Tama, the craziest and the most energetic of all of us. " Tomorrow might just bite you on the ass" I Answered. "I got no ass" she answered. 'Oh! Dear, this is tiresome' I thought.

"Trust me Thabo, tomorrow is out of the picture" she shouted. This time she seemed serious. I decided to let her have the fun of the year in one night. Everyone deserved some fun, I also deserved it but I couldn't. Even if I tried, that time where I could just have fun and play some stupid game was over.

As soon as Thabo said that the power went off, people shouted. There was no drop of horror in the screams but merely plain excitement. I didn't see a thing but the ground was shaking. The room full of wild children turned sinister. People where dancing, don't ask me how I knew, you heard me say the ground was checking, yes, people where extremely dancing, jumping up and down.

Then the music went down too and that was when the ground stopped trembling. People had noticed that there was a fault on the power system in the building.