Chapter One

OTHELLO

"CHEERS BABY. I KNEW YOU WOULD GET THE JOB." Finn my childhood sweetheart gave me this look full of affection. I knew that he was proud of me. We had been through a lot together, but we were still standing stronger than ever. People envied our relationship. We had been together for a decade now and we were happily engaged. We didn't want to rush marriage and kids. We both wanted to wait until our careers were stable and we had travelled the world enough.

Now with this new job I just got, all of that would come true. I had trained to be an Air hostess. I had gotten a job to work for some millionaire in his private jet. A whole fucking private jet. I literally went from zero to hundred. Finn was a book writer so it was easy for us to travel the world since his job didn't need him to be situated at a specific place. He had published a couple of good books, and got a lot of money which he saved so we could kick start our lives together.

"Thank you my love" My cheeks filled with redness as he planted a soft kiss on it. He was always such a gentleman. I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend. He was everything I needed in a man and a husband. He surely would make a great father. "I know you will kill it at your new job. Just like you always do my baby" he squeezed my hand to assure me that he meant what he said. I could see it in his eyes that he meant every word.

One would think that after ten year we would be out of love with each other especially since we didn't have kids or we weren't married yet, but our relationship still had its spark just like the first day we met - at the Subway. We met cute. I can still remember the day like it was yesterday. The butterflies still do somersaults in my stomach every time he looks at me with his ocean eyes.

"Jack, please hit us with some more shots. My baby just won the fucking jackpot" He shouted over the loud music. He took me out to our favourite spot to celebrate. We loved the vibe of the place, plus everyone knew us now so we often got free drinks and special treatment.

"Coming right up Finn" Jack the bartender worked on our shots.

"So how's your new book coming along?" He started writing a new book about a girl who was stuck with a beast of a man her whole entire life. Then she gets snatched by another bigger and badder beast. When she finally wanted to kill the beast she was with to go back to the other beast which she loved she found out that the beast she's in love with is not even real and it was only a pigment of her imagination. "Not bad but I currently have a writer's block.

"Oh don't worry baby I will help you get your mind off work as soon as we get home" he gave me a boyish grin before Jack brought our drinks over. "Congrats on your new job. I hear you will be flying private now." Jack gave me a big smile as he placed our shots on our table. "Oh it's no big deal" I assure him.

"Oh trust me it is. Finn is wearing his lucky watch. The same watch he was wearing when he first brought you here a decade ago and just to show how proud I am these shots are on the house" Jack had worked in this Hub for the past decade trying to pay off his student loans. Life had been unfair to him. He claimed me and Finn were the best part of his job.

"Thank you Jack. I might just put you in my suitcase on my next trip just to say thank you"

"I wouldn't mind at all'' We laughed before we let him go back to doing his job. Anna, Chris, Joe and Emma finally arrived making a grand entrance. "Hey guys'' we all hugged before sitting down. "Looks like the party started before we even got here" Emma joked, making us laugh. "An early bird catches the worm" Finn retaliated with a grin on his face, clearly happy to see his friends.

"That's an excuse alcoholics make" Joe blurted out as he took my shot and downed it. "Okay enough with the bickering. I have great news to share" I announced. "Can that wait? I need some alcohol in my system first. My boss is making me work like he pays me handsomely" Anna complained. "That's because he does," Chris told her. "Whatever. Jack please fill this table with booze please" To our surprise Jack was already headed our way with a tray of alcohol in his hands.