PART 18 - GAMMA KRANE

COLE

Bolting upright in my bed, I look around the cabin to find it's empty, her side of the bed's cold and panic sets in.

Fuck, she's gone.

I register that exquisite scent on my sheets of cherries and apple orchards. My possessive side kicks in wanting her back in my arms as one thing is for certain I'm far from done with Alice Green. After last night, I'm pretty sure that I'm addicted to her.  My wolf growls in my head, he's dissatisfied that she's not here either.  My head swims with possibilities of why she's left without waking me. The most probable is that she regrets sleeping with me and she's ran off which is like a dagger to the chest, but my priority is to find her and keep her safe.

This is my fault; I've gotten too close. This is why I don't get involved with my cadets! Or fucking anyone!

"Shit." I curse under my breath as shoot out of the bed and grab some clean clothes from my cupboard, frantically throwing them on. I dash out of the cabin to try and track her down, jumping right from the top step and not bothering to climb down the steps.  I don't even put trainers on as no doubt I'll have to shift soon if I ever want a chance to try and...

My wolf ears pick up voices and I come to an abrupt stop.

Looking over my shoulder my eyes fixate onto the larger cabin that's behind the one we'd stayed in.

Has she seriously gone in there without me? He doesn't like visitors. In fact, he hates them. He only tolerates me because I'm his son.

Frowning, I look down at the mud and see clear tracks running that way and sigh. Fuck, she really does have some balls.

The rogue attack that took the life of my mum left my dad so badly disabled that he shunned away from pack life and has lived out here like a loner wolf ever since. He's heavily scarred across his face and body. His lower lip and jaw were literally sewn back on the right-hand side which causes him to slur his words. There was huge muscle damage to his left thigh, so he walks with a cane and has some mobility issues with his right hand that often claws up. As far as I know, he barely shifts now a days because his wolf is so weak. That being said, he's a survivor and one tough son of a bitch. Even in this state as a former Gamma he could cause Alice some real damage if he took a dislike to her. My dad's temper became so unpredictable that life out here alone suits him and the pack where he can't hurt anyone. I even had a small cabin built nearby for when I visit as he doesn't like people in his cabin anymore.

Picking up speed, I stride towards the large lake side cabin and hurry up the steps. Pushing open the wooden door, I'm expecting to hear shouting...but all I hear is laughter!

What the fuck?

Slowly, I walk through the open plan living room and head towards the large kitchen. My jaw actually hangs open for a moment when I find my dad in apron cooking Alice some pancakes as she chats and giggles away to him like their best friends.

Relief washes over me to find Wonderland safe, plus holy shit she looks good enough to eat sat at the kitchen island on a high stool. My eyes zone into her sexy legs and thighs that are on show as she appears to be dressed in just one of my old shirts and fuck if the sight of her in my clothes doesn't make my dick go hard. I stand there a good few moment just watching her until my dad breaks my attention.

"Well, you're finally awake!" Growls my dad as he spots me and puts down the frying pan, instantly looking pissed.

"Hey dad." I reply, but my eyes are back on Alice. She whips her head around to look at me, biting her lip nervously with a sheepish smile on her face. "Hey." She mumbles out.