Chapter 18

There was silence within the room. Sylvia's eyes widened for a mere second, before adjusting back to their normal size. She gazed at Cassis, at a loss of words of what to say.

What would she do if Cassis were to die? Cassis, her dear and only northern, were to die?

A crooked smile formed on Sylvia's face. It was the first time for Cassis to his sister wear such a nasty expression.

She chuckled lightly before saying. "If you were to die....hm...maybe, just maybe. I'll become everything father warned us not to be"

This was not the sister Cassis knew. This was not Sylvia who was a caged rose, gentle as a dove and as meek as a lamb.

Cassis quickly excused himself and left Sylvia alone.

"Oh brother" Sylvia whispered to herself, quietly. "I'd make the same decisions in this life, if I have to" Sylvia gazed up at the blue sky. She had been so fortunate enough to have been reborn. Back in time, after the collapse of the Pedelian family.

After she had taken her revenge.

Sylvia walked back into her room, wondering if she was the only one, who has gone back in time. A person from her first life appeared in her memory.

"Sylvia, I couldn't save Cassis" Roxana had said to her.

Sylvia hat that time, had gone crazy with rage and sadness.

"Agriche....you cursed family! I will destroy you all"

Sylvia closed her eyes, and in that moment, she vowed that if Agriche was responsible for Cassis' death again in this life, she'd destroy each and every family member.

Including Roxana who had helped her before.

***
Roxana leaned back on the big chair. A sudden wave of drowsiness hit her all at once.

'Flower of Hell' had been such a breathtaking novel. There had been good plot development but what had made Roxana interested in the novel was the revenge plot and all the trials she had to face, and decisions Sylvia Pedelian, the protagonist, had to make.

At first, Roxana had tried keeping Cassis safe, in order not to gain the hate from Sylvia who would come for revenge.

But now, Cassis was interfering with Agriche business too much. If he got hurt in the process.......

"Ha!" Roxana let out a loud gasp of air.

Suddenly, she wondered, what had happened to Sylvia after her revenge. After all, in her past life, Roxana had never completed reading the novel.
_____
Hi everybody.

Just wanted to say that I published a 'The Abandoned Empress' fanfiction. It's titled 'To You Who Was Abandoned'. If you can, please check out the story on my profile.

Apologies for the late update. I've been really busy with school.

Thanks for reading!