Chapter 9

Jeremy had to believe Roxana so he left without prying further. He knew Roxana well. If she didn't want to tell him, no matter what he did, she'd never speak up.

He just needed to leave her to do her own thing.

After he left, Roxana looked through her wardrobe and selected a stunning dress for the final day of the grand banquet.

She picked out a red dress which outlined her features and made her stand out by looking dangerous yet noble.

The grand banquet was in three days time. That would mean that in the by the next three days, Lante Agriche will be defeated.

She looked at herself in the mirror with excitement. All her plans were going smoothly.

She walked over to Lante's office with a smile on her face.

"Good afternoon father"

"Yes. What do you want?"

"I just came to inquire if you've begun to prepare for Fontaine's judgement"

"Judgement?" Lante asked back.

When there was a 'judgement' in the Agriche family, all the most powerful family members would gather in the 'judgement room' which was the biggest place in the Agriche mansion and had been used from generations to generations.

"When someone dares to rebel against the head of the family, only a judgement is befitting for them"

A judgment was the most disgraceful way to deal with a criminal within the Agriche family.

The person would be openly mocked by those who had once been on lower positions than themselves. Right before everyone, the criminal would be beheaded.

"Hmm. I like the way you think. Having Dion to monitor Fontaine was truly smart of you"

Lante's rare praise cane from him as he liked her idea. To him, Roxana barely made any contribution except for her seduction methods and the raising poisonous butterflies.

He was surprised when he found out that it was Roxana that uncovered Fontaine's rebellion. He then began to trust her even more.

"With my butterflies, I can send an invitation to all the powerful Agriche family members. Should the judgement take place the day after tomorrow?

It will do us good if we have wiped away the disgraceful name of Fontaine from our family list when we're attending the grand banquet.

Dion and I have made adequate preparations but we'd like to know if you like the plan?"

"Of course! I'm tired of seeing that disgrace of a son. Yes let's hold the judgement the day after tomorrow"

"Okay father"

Lante liked the idea of executing Fontaine in front of the most powerful Agriche family members. It would send a clear warning to them  that whoever dared him, would suffer the same fate as Fontaine.

Lante looked a bit more relaxed. He trusted Roxana and Dion without a doubt. He didn't think of anything strange as he even saw it as impossible for them to scheme against him.

For it would all go in vain! He could never be trapped.

It was too bad for Lante, as he had not realized he had been caught in Roxana's trap, long, long ago.

After she was done with Lante she decided to go back to her room in order to finalize her plans.

In her room, she saw her butterflies carrying a letter that was addressed to her.

From: Cassis

She had been awaiting for this letter which contained the process for the final stage of her plans.