Chapter 4

"I want to join hands with your family. And destroy the Agriche family"

It was something that was unexpected from someone who was a member of the Agriche family. But looking at her serious expression, he knew her words were not a joke.

"You aren't on good terms with my father. He even tried to kill your son.

Isn't it a good thing if you become allies with the one who protected your son and destroy? my father" She reminded him of the favour that the Pedelian family owed her.

She continued. "I want the destruction of my corrupt family. And end the rule of my father as the head" Though he listened to her words calmly, it was obvious that he greatly distrusted her.

After all, he was the head of the Pedelian family who had a rivalry with the Agriches. 

"You have nothing to lose. Even if it's a trick, nothing bad will happen to you. I'm completely defenceless in your territory" He listened to her as she explained her plan.

"Give me some time to think about it"

"Of course" It was there that their conversation ended and Roxana left his office.

She didn't feel downcast for his almost negative reply, because she was confident that at the end of the day, he would become a very useful asset.

The head of Pedelian who had a rivalry with Agriche would jump at the chance to finally destroy the family. And then, she would finally have peace.

Only when her father had been killed could she finally feel free from the guilt that was etched in her heart. But currently she didn't care for emotions.

"The head of Veritium has agreed to our invitation. He comes tonight" Cassis said to her.

"Alright. I guess I tell you goodbye for now"

"You know that no matter what happens. I'll  still see you again, Roxana" She simply smiled as a reply then left with her plans to destroy the Agriche family.

***
"Welcome Sir Noel" Cassis' father greated Noel Veritium. The young head of the Veritium family of gold.

Noel Veritium was a male lead of the novel. A love interest for Sylvia Pedelian who was the protagonist.

He had a gentle appearance with shiny golden hair and green eyes. A bright personality that made people comfortable.

"Thank you for the invitation" It was surprising that he accepted the invitation since Pedelian was an enemy to their ally who was Agriche.

But Roxana knew he would accept the invitation because the protagonist had caught his attention.

The Pedelian family invited Noel into their home but Roxana immediately left the mansion wearing a black cloak.

She went to the place were the carriage of the Veritium family was parked. She casted a glance once more at the Pedelian mansion before turning around.

"You know that no matter what happens. I'll  still see you again, Roxana"

She smiled wryly then said quietly. "It's not going to be easy as you think" Then she broke a wheel of the carriage with a shovel. She kept the shovel back in the stables.

After that she snuck into the place were the carriages of the Pedelian family was. She made sure not a single person was around. She opened the carriage door them got inside.

She closed the door immediately she entered then locked it. Her hands moved around the seat and she found a part of the seat had a little latch.

She opened the latch and the seat opened like a box. She got into the box that was seven foot tall, long enough to accommodate her.

She laid within the seat like a bed then closed the seat on top of her. There were little holes on the side, just enough for her to breath. She laid there in the seat awaiting the arrival of Noel.

***

While Roxana was sneakily moving, trying to avoid anyone's sight. She didn't not know, that under the cover of darkness, a young man with black hair watched her.

His black eyes holding a coolness as he watched like a predator seeking prey. This man was someone Roxana was familiar with. He was...Dion.