Chapter 7

The day after Fontaine had escaped from the territory the atmosphere had been tense.

"He's supposed to hold to his end of deal! After I gave him 'that'! That Veritium family really is becoming troublesome"

Dion approached the door and knocked. He could hear Lante talking angrily.

"Come in"

"You called for me"

"Yes. Go to the Veritium mansion and spy on what is going on"

"What happened?"

"There's been a delay on the new puppet"

Dion interest was piqued. Though he was his father's right hand, he had never been told anything about the new puppet that the Veritium family would create.

He wondered what would be different about this puppet which they had spent so many years on making.

"You think they're not keeping to their own end of the deal"

"I don't know"

Dion was about to leave the office when he noticed something outside the window. It was a red butterfly which was familiar.

'Roxana...'

"I'll be going now"

He left the office and headed out for the mission.

Originally, he had doubted that Fontaine was the one that had kidnapped Roxana. Now his suspicions were proven to be correct.

He had a feeling that she was up to something. He knew that she was after the death of their father, but he felt like their was something more than that.

'Could it be the Pedelian cockroach'

He recalled Cassis who had snuck into Roxana's heart. It annoyed him that there was a possibility that they were scheming together.

'I won't let anyone else take you away'

He had come to accept his feelings for her though she was his half sister.

***
It was at night time that he infiltrated the Veritium mansion. It was far easier than getting into the Pedelian mansion.

His first course of action was to spy on the head of the family. As he was about to move, he spotted somebody sneaking around.

The person's silhouette was familiar. A strand of the person's blonde hair fell out of the cloak they were wearing. He recognized Roxana at once.

'What are you doing here?'

He tried tailing her but it became hard with the guards moving around here and there because of an emergency.

He lost track of her and decided to continue his original mission.

***
"Bravo. What more do you want me to say?" Roxana looked at him boringly after he had told her all that had happened.

"Aren't you afraid that I might tell father all you've been doing behind his back?"

"Why would I be afraid? Fine then, go and tell him how I am plotting his doom" She smiled leisurely and flipped her hair.

"I wonder what gives you this courage"

"Dion I know perfectly well how you feel about me. Would you ruin your only chance?" She put her hand on his chest then smiled evilly. "Your heart is in the palm of my hand"

Dion smirked sardonically. She was right.

"Besides" She cane closer and whispered in my ear. "You too want Lante dead. Isn't that so?"

Dion's eyes widened in shock. For the first time he couldn't control his expression.

"How did you-

"You should be asking about when I knew" With that she turned around, not feeling like continuing the conversation. 

'Dion Agriche I know a lot about you from the novel'