14. "Are you jealous?"

Start from the beginning

The rest of the afternoon, he took me shopping to my favorite stores.

"Are you sure you want to shop here?" he asked when we went inside Zara, "Louis Vuitton is just around the corner."

"Nope. I prefer shopping here."

He looked confused, "okay, wherever you want. But don't forget to buy swimwears for our Sentosa trip."

I just bought a few clothes needed for our remaining days in Singapore. Also a pair of beach slippers and some swimming attire.

"Is that all?" Adonis was surprised when he saw the clothes and items that I brought for him to pay.

"Yeah," I answered.

"Are you sure? We can go to high-end stores after that."

I shook my head, "No, I'm good. I got all I need."

Later we had dinner at Lei Garden restaurant, a Michelin restaurant at Chijmes.

"Good evening, Mr. Stavrakos. It's been awhile since you visited us, sir," an older restaurant manager greeted.

"Good evening, Chen. Yeah, for almost a year already."

Chen nodded with a smile, then turned his attention to me.

"Hello, Miss Trisha. Nice to see you again. We prepared your favorite dessert, red bean buns and egg tarts."

Trisha?

Before I could speak, Adonis corrected Chen.

"No Chen, this is Elena, my wife. We just got married four days ago, and we're on our honeymoon."

"Oh, I'm sorry madam," Chen's face turned so red, "I thought..."

"It's okay, Chen," I assured him, "I would love to try the red bean buns and egg tarts."

We ordered many dishes, since they were in small servings. Most were very unfamiliar to me – shark cartilage soup, braised abalone head in oyster sauce, deep fried cuttlefish with garlic, pan-fried wagyu beef and so much more.

We were having our dessert, almond jelly for Adonis, red bean bun and egg tart for me.

"Who is Trisha?" I asked him, making him choke. He coughed and sipped his glass of water.

"I knew you're going to ask," he wiped his lips and leaned his back against the chair.

"Well? Who is she? An ex-girlfriend?"

"It's none of your business," he answered, looking so bored all of a sudden.

"It's my business. I'm your wife," I said, mimicking him when he asked about how many lovers I had.

"Ah—so you finally embraced your status of being my wife now."

"HAHA, you wish," my lips twisted nastily, "you're very good at evading personal questions."

"You started it, sweetheart, so I'm also setting boundaries. No personal questions, unless... you start to open up."

"Okay, fine. What do you want to know? My body count?"

He chuckled, "yeah, I would like to know. I'm curious.

"Well, Mister Stavrakos, I won't answer your question. I don't give a damn who Trisha is, pretty sure she's one of your mistresses," I put down my fork, then sipped my wine.

"She's not," he answered.

"Oh. So, she must be very special that you brought her here. I wonder if Singapore is your favorite honeymoon place."

"Stop it, Elena. You sounded like a jealous wife already."

"Me? Jealous?" I laughed sarcastically, "never. I'll never be a real wife to you, Adonis. Bear that in mind."

"I'm well aware of that already," his forehead frowned, "but I'm warning you... if you're planning something to jeopardize our marriage, then think again. I won't allow you to create a scandal and ruin the Stavrakos name."

"You're being so dramatic. I won't let that happen."

"I hope you have a word of honor," he sipped his wine, then continued, "I heard you have an off-on relationship with that British actor, Christian Firth."

"Huh?" If only you knew that it was all grandpa's doing, hiring hackers/experts to spread false write ups on the internet, "how did you know? Are you stalking me?"

He ignored my question, and gave me a warning, "stop your connection with him, IMMEDIATELY, or I'll deal with him myself."

"Oh stop, Adonis," I gave him a fake smile, "you're sounding like a jealous husband already."