Chapter Thirty-three: The Day of the Dead.

Start from the beginning

It took me a minute to realize it was Elena with all the makeup on her face.

"You're finally here! I knew you'd come!" She said and swooped me into a tight hug.

"Elena, I'm so glad to see you, I was wondering where everyone was..." I grinned.

"Everyone's in the great hall, the party's been on since yesterday and we started afresh this morning..." She paused to grab a loaf of bread from a waiter passing by split it in two and handed me one half. "Have some pan dulce, you look hungry!"

"Oh, I came with an empty stomach." I winked at her and took a bite. "Mmm."

"A wise decision." Elena said with a mouthful and we both giggled.

We turned to look when the double doors opened again, letting out golden lights and the sound of laughter and music.

A group of people came our way, Camilo leading them.

I swallowed and waved with my cast hand, "hey."

Camilo grinned and waved back before looking over his shoulder at a certain someone who was staring down at their phone. "Well, what do ya know? Look who dropped by."

Angelo looked up and his eyes widened slightly when he saw me. I waved again, rocking back and forth on my heels. "Hi Angie."

He walked towards me, his eyebrows furrowed like he was thinking about something and I stepped forward as well so we met in the middle.

"You're here." He said, quietly. I noticed he was dressed casually also, in simple black jeans and a black shirt with his hair in a disheveled state. He could have been the one running the party with how stressed he looked.
"I thought you were still mad at me"

"Mad at you?"

He shrugged.

"Ah" I said, rubbing the back of my neck sheepishly. "Yeah that thing with you and my Dad. I'm sorry for being so spiteful...I never meant to make you think I was angry or something...

He raised his phone watching me sceptically, "You ignored my messages and my calls all weekend."

"I didn't ignore them, I never got them. I can't find my phone." I explained with a shrug before taking another step forward, looking up at him through my lashes. "I could never stay mad at you for so long. Especially when it's about something you did to help me or..."

I was cut off by him suddenly pulling me into his arms.
My face was pressed to his chest and I didn't mind at all.

"Violet, you..." He sighed in mild annoyance like he didn't even know what to classify me as. "Do you know the things you put me through?"

I could only imagine, it was not secret to me that he had a tendency to overthink. Like me! We were just a pair of over-thinkers.
"I'm sorry," I breathed with a small smile. "I did miss you, if that makes you feel better."

"You did?" He was so quiet, and I could feel his hand stroking my hair.

"I see why they're like on the top twenty most famous internet couples list of the year." Camilo said and I turned my head to look at him in confusion. "Weird, right? Someone made a blog video about it."

Elena huffed and stepped up to try prying me out of Angelo's arms.

"Alright, you've finally seen her and you've cleared the air, so can you please stop moping around and actually enjoy the party?" She asked, hands on her hips. Then she looked at me. "He was like this the whole of yesterday, everyone was having so much fun but Señor oscuro Angelito here decided to be all... you know!"