Waiting for this moment for what felt like years, the tears were welling up in Nia's eyes as she recognized the boy standing in front her as him.

All sorts of emotions overwhelmed her. Her hands were shaking, tears making her vision blurry and her heartbeat sounding in her ears. It took a lot not to let a whimper out as the boy's eyes met hers.

Without a single word said, Jungkook almost stormed through the door frame into Nia's house. The two bodies collapsed together as Jungkook embraced the girl in his arms, Nia taking a few steps back as Jungkook pushed himself forward as if he wanted her to be even closer.

Jungkook's arms squeezed Nia even tighter, his lips pecking the top of her head before resting his chin on it, leaving Nia engulfed in warmth, his close proximity pulling a wave of emotions out of the girl and she couldn't keep her tears in any longer.

A few quiet minutes went by as the two enjoyed each other's touch after almost a month apart, Nia's parents were luckily not home from work yet to interrupt their moment.

The girl took a deep breath before pulling her head away, mumbling all sorts of questions she already knew the answer to, but she just wanted to hear them in person and not over the phone.

Jungkook chuckled, still keeping his hands tightly wrapped around her waist, but also leaning his head back to be able to meet the girl's eyes.

"I love you too Nia." He spoke, shutting up the rambling girl.

A brief silence went over the two, Jungkook amused by her reaction and proud that he finally found the courage to say the words.

Even though they had been together for almost 1,5 years, Jungkook could not find the courage to say those words until now. He had convinced himself that those words always ruined everything and only left one hurt. It was a fear he had of being vulnerable with a person, allowing them to leave him with nothing more than pieces of himself. He was scared how much a single person could have the power over him.

But Nia had shown him what real love was. She had shown him that it was nothing to fear and she had given him the courage to finally tell her that he loved her. And the time he spent away from her, missing her and craving her, only made it easier to tell her.

"Wh-what?" Nia stuttered slightly, a hesitant smile creeping onto her lips.

"I love you Kim Nia. More than anything and everything. And I'm sorry for not telling-"

Nia didn't need an apology for anything, because she knew and respected what he had gone through, so instead of listening, she pulled him closer and shut him up with her lips on his.

"I love you Jungkook."

A smile adored Jungkook's face, his eyes slightly watering by the beautiful words leaving the mouth of the one he loved too. It was as if it was the first time Jungkook understood the words  and finally accepted them.

He pulled her into another hug, rubbing his hands up and down her back, feeling that she was finally with him again.

"I love you."

Sometimes your past life has to fall apart before your new life can fall together. Sometimes you have to let go of things in need to move on.

To let go of such an important person in your life as Jungkook had to, was hard. But for that person to be holding you back all your life will not lead to anywhere. So, don't hesitate. Don't hesitate to leave the past in the past.

Let good things come with it.

"I love you so much."

"Can you repeat it one more time for the ones in the back, please?" Nia requested, a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

"Your sarcasm has grown worse I see." Jungkook chuckled.

"Shut up." Nia rolled her eyes jokingly.

Squeezing her one more time, Jungkook spoke seriously "I really fucking love you Nia."

And she was his new good thing.

THE END.

au.n.
Sorry for the rushed ending. I lost motivation for this story long ago and therefore couldn't seem to write a greater ending. Sorry.

What inspired me to write this story was Jungkook's Decalcomania. Many people misunderstand this song, thinking it's a romance song. Especially the, "I want you." people tend to misunderstand.

So I made this story, with Jungkook's character based on his song Decalcomania, because it's really about how he misses his old self.

It's not one of my best works TBH.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it anyway!

Oh, and... I'm making a new book, which is gonna be way better than this one - and less cheesy. angst > fluff - my personal preference lol

Teaser:

Life is beautiful.
Most people take life for granted.
I don't blame anyone for doing so, life can seem meaningless sometimes.
No one knows the value of something until they can't have it anymore.
Time is precious.
You don't know how much of it you have left on this planet.
I didn't know the value of life until I found out I only had a month left.
And how would I tell him?

_____

A Jeon Jungkook x reader fan fiction.