"Sadie, you need to come back inside, you aren't going to be able to help them right now," Rebecca tugged on my arm again but I ripped my arm away from her grasp. 

"I have to help Kent. You didn't see the look on Charlie's face, he's going to hurt him, Rebecca!" 

"Sadie, listen to me! The pills, you know the ones we found earlier? They're gone, all of them are gone, you are not safe out there," Rebecca pleaded with me to come back inside but there was nothing she was going to say to stop me from helping Kent.

"I've gotta stop them, please tell the others," I jumped away from Rebecca and slid down the hill towards the bushes that Kent and Charlie had disappeared through, not caring about the snow that was sliding up my pant legs or the fact my pants were completely soaked now or the fact I could hardly see straight with the pounding in my head. Rebecca begged me to stop but I couldn't just leave these two out here, waiting in the cabin for one of them to come back victorious. 

"You're fucking crazy!" I could hear Kent yell from not too far away. I broke through the bushes and found the two, standing face to face, dodging each other's punches. They were running out of steam, both of them, their punches slower than before with less power behind each one. 

"Will you two knock it off already?" I finally screamed, grabbing the back of Charlie's shirt and tugging as hard as I could. In less than two seconds Charlie had whipped around and shoved his elbow as hard as he could into my face, my nose cracking and sending unimaginable and blinding pain throughout my entire body. I fell to the ground and clutched my throbbing nose, instantly feeling the warm liquid draining from it and tasting metallic. 

"What the fuck did you just do?" Kent was kneeling beside me, wrapping one arm around my shoulders and cupping my hands in the other, trying to examine the damage done in the dim light of the evening that was almost gone completely. 

"Are you okay, Sadie? Please tell me you're okay," He whispered, staring down at me in horror while tears involuntarily spilled from my eyes. I could only hold my nose and nod slowly, blinking as fast as possible to try to clear the tears away, but that wasn't working well. It had been stupid to try to break their fight apart. 

"I think it's broken," I whispered and Kent's eyes darkened in a way that even scared me. 

"You son of a bitch, I'm going to-" Before Kent could fully stand and confront Charlie a large branch was crashing into the back of his head and he fell into the snow face first, body limp. 

"Kent!" I scrambled forward, one hand this cupping my bloody nose, trying to see if Kent was still conscious but Charlie stepped in between us. Charlie's heel connected with my sternum and sent me back to the ground, forgetting momentarily about my nose and now focused solely on the pain growing in my chest, the blood from my nose flowing freely now. 

"You should have stayed out of this, Sadie!" Charlie yelled, grabbing his own head in frustration and pacing back and forth, mumbling to himself. What the hell had happened to him? He was a completely different person than I had known all this time. 

"Charlie, please calm down, none of this needs to happen," My heart was pounding and the blood rushing through my ears was so loud I could hardly hear what Charlie was saying. 

He took a few steps away from me, glaring down at Kent who was still not moving. 

"Do you realize I was willing to give you everything? I even let your annoying, dumbass friend tag along with you this weekend. Just so I could spend some time with you! Are you really that blind?" Charlie hadn't stopped pacing around Kent's body, focusing his glare on me and then switching it back to Kent, "Then your stupid knight in shining armor had to show up and ruin everything. Why wasn't I ever good enough for you, Sadie? What does Kent have that I don't?"