1) The Beginning of the End

Start from the beginning

But, as night settled, the two sat across a makeshift table and played a game on the backgammon board Yinsen had fashioned from Lebanese cedar. They used bolts as pieces but at least had an actual pair of dice.

"Good." Yinsen nodded as Tony moved a piece. "Good roll."

"You still haven't told me where you're from." Tony responded.

"I'm from a small town called Gulmira. It's actually a nice place."

"Got a family?"

"Yes, and I will see them when I leave here. And you, Stark?"

Tony paused what he was doing, looking down. He thought about you immediately. His daughter. His little girl. He knew he was a terrible father and he never tried fixing that. It was his biggest regret at that moment. He wondered if you were okay, if you even missed him or noticed he was missing.

"I have someone." He eventually confessed. "But we aren't close."

Yinsen looked at him, almost curious, as if he knew exactly what he'd been thinking about. "So you're a man who has everything and almost nothing."

-(Y/n) POV-

Your leg bounced up and down, nerves overpowering every sense you had. It had been days and you hadn't heard anything from your dad. Usually that was normal, you'd assume he was just drinking senselessly and picking up some random girl from a bar, but something didn't seem right.

Part of you really didn't care anymore because of how he so easily left without a goodbye, but the part of you that secretly loved your dad was terrified. There had been rumors circulating, people already making up theories about how he was dead, kidnapped, or hiding out on some private island. It did nothing to help the anxiety.

And so you deemed it necessary to go to the Stark Industries HQ and talk to someone who knew what was going on. Your first thought was Obadiah Stane. He used to be a good friend of your grandfather, the legendary Howard Stark, and became an important part of Tony's life when Howard died and he took over. You knew him quite well since you'd talked a couple times.

"Sorry, miss, we can't let you pass." One of the security guards said as you turned into the hallway that led into Obadiah's office.

"Why not?" You asked.

"We're gonna need some identification."

"(Y/n) Stark."

The two guards stared at you in confusion before looking at each other. You knew immediately they were skeptical.

"You got anything to prove that?" Guard two asked.

You sighed. "What, the Gucci belt and Louis Vuitton bag don't do it for you?"

"Miss-"

"-Let me through."

"We're under strict orders."

"I don't care. Just let me see Mr. Stane."

You were losing patience. Your dad had been radio silent for four straight days. That wasn't normal. Even by now you would have seen pictures on the Internet or some news article talking about his latest scandal, but there was nothing. You needed to know if he was still in Afghanistan or not.

"Listen. I'm tired, I'm fed up, and I really don't have the patience for your shit. Now, if you don't move out of my way, I promise I won't get physical, but I do have ways to make you sad for a very... Very long time."

You crossed your arms, waiting expectantly. The two seemed uneasy and for a moment you thought they would call security to have you thrown out. However, you were pleasantly surprised when they stepped to the side, looking anywhere but in your eyes. You couldn't help smirking a little as you walked past them and down the hallway.