Chapter 38 - Valui

(Tw!) animal abuse and fighting! If you are sensitive to any of the topics in this chapter please skip it : )

I'm pretty happy with myself for getting this chapter out tbh. I've not been the best mentally lately but I'm trying to improve every day. Also, if anybody has any suggestions for oneshots I'm trying to start a bnha oneshot book for funzies.

I haven't edited this or reread at all so there are probably quite a few typos lol

Valui (Latin) - Prevail

_______________________

Izuku's shoes scuffed the ground as he walked home. He moved slowly, hoping that his aching joints would somehow recover magically as he moved. He was halfway home when he heard the ear splitting yowl of a cat.

Izuku tripped forward lightly, peeking around the corner to see what was happening farther down the road. There, he saw two boys standing over the shaggy body of a cat.

Immediately Izuku moved so that he was standing over top of the cat, shielding its body with his own as one of the boys moved to kick the creature again but stopped when he noticed Izuku.

The boy scowled, "Get the fuck away! What are you trying to do?!" he yelled.

Izuku didn't answer him as he picked up the small black cat, debating if it would be totally morally wrong if he were to knock the two boys unconscious. He decided against it though, as he was out of energy and it would be quicker if he just left.

Izuku shoved past the boys, muttering a quiet 'get out of my way' to exemplify the shoulder shove. He was stopped suddenly as the other boy grabbed his shoulder roughly, gripping the fabric around the joint with slightly more force than a regular boy of his age should be able to. 'A quirk' his mind supplied quickly before he ripped his shoulder out of the grasp, using his other hand to protect the shivering kitten in his grasp.

"Now what do you think you are doing?" Izuku replied, knowing that his patience was being tested.

"We want the fucking cat back." One boy supplied, stepping forward as to attempt to intimidate Izuku, though the one in question simply scoffed in return.

"Oh fuck off." Izuku moved to leave again, but it seemed his actions upset the duo.

"Stop, or I'll blow your head off." one stated while the other smirked.

Izuku looked lightly over his shoulder at the children, spotting the flames dancing lightly against the bully's palms. "You'll have to do better than that." He responded, moving to leave again, sighing at the amount of problems that had occurred in his day.

That attempt was stopped once again as the fire boy sent a small ball of fire to the lip of the alley in an attempt to stop Izuku from leaving. The boy smirked, as if Izuku couldn't just walk over the small flames, but he had enough.

Izuku gently maneuvered the cat inside his hoodie where it would be cushioned and he could more easily protect and support the fragile creature.

"Are you sure you want to fight me?" Izuku asked, tilting his head, knowing that the boys thought wholeheartedly that they would be able to beat him like they did the innocent cat.

The scoff and upturned nose was all Izuku needed to know in affirmation. The fire boy immediately sent small balls of fire towards him, to which Izuku side stepped easily. The stronger boy lunged at him next, his moves uncoordinated, simply aiming at grabbing Izuku.

The boy's hands remained outreached as he lunged, his hands flexing every time he missed his target. When he got close once more Izuku used one hand to flip the boy on his back using his own momentum.

The stronger of the bullies landed on his back with a deep thud, wheezing as the air was knocked out of him easily. Izuku quickly kept it that way as he stepped on the boy's stomach, pressing down harder as the boy's gasps increased.

The fire boy was standing stunned to the side for moments while his friend struggled under Izuku's foot, heaving and desperately scratching at his pant leg attempting -but failing- to regain air into his lungs.

Izuku smiled at the other boy, watching as fear entered his gaze slowly. The boy took a step back before his gaze hardened and he glared at Izuku.

Izuku was almost gleeful, the boy thought that he'd be able to save his friend! The little bully was afraid but he still wanted to rescue his precious little partner!

The fire boy sent more fire at Izuku, slightly singing the ends of his loose pants, but ultimately doing nothing more but provide smoky air for his struggling comrade.

Izuku stepped off of the downed boy, assured by his sobbing and gagging that he had a few minutes with the other without any interruption.

He walked slowly, his steps resounding across the almost dead silent alley. The boy backed away from him, his confidence slipping just as fast as Izuku was approaching.

"Stop! I give up! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry! Oh God" The boy lifted his hands in front of his face as he fell down onto his knees in front of Izuku. His cries of mercy dissolved quickly into incoherent sobs and apologies fueled by pure fear and self preservation.

Izuku stood in front of the boy, looking at his bowed head, debating if he deserved what Izuku had in mind. Would he learn his lesson if he was spared? Izuku wondered, but in the end he knew it would weigh on his conscience if he beat a middle school age child begging for mercy at his feet.

Grabbing the boy's hair, Izuku pulled it so that the boy was looking directly in his eyes. He took a moment to observe the other's gaze, furrowing his eyebrows as he looked for anything that would show him any dishonesty.

"Don't you ever do anything like that ever again," Izuku growled out. "Do you understand?"

The boy nodded, ignoring the burning pain in his scalp from the hand gripping his hair.

Izuku let go and walked away after watching the boy's desperate nods, looking at the other bully still whimpering on the ground across the alley.

The boy would live on without any scars, so Izuku's mind was free of all guilt.

Still cradling the small kitten in his hoodie, Izuku took one last glance at the two defeated boys. "I'll know if you disobey my instruction." he reminded none to gently. His eyes glowed in the dark of the street, only solidifying the terrifying figure in the boys' minds.

As two whimpered confirmations left the boys, Izuku left. His strides were long as he attempted to get to his house faster without jostling the injured cat. He whispered soft words of encouragement as he neared his building, supporting the cat more as he went up the steps.

Inside he bandaged the cat to the best of his ability and provided the small animal with the best cat food he had in his meager collection.

"What should your name be? Hmm."