ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ. ˢᵗᵘᵖⁱᵈ ᵈᵉᶜⁱˢⁱᵒⁿˢ

chapter three, ( stupid decisions

chapter three,
( stupid decisions. )

Eliza ran beside Minho and Alby, her feet pounding on the pavement below. The three of them were tracking Ben's steps, trying to find the griever that stung him during the day, and trying to figure out how the hell that even happened. They had been running all day and hadn't found anything. At all. Just as Eliza thought their search had come to an end, the trio rounded another corner, and they all halted in their tracks.

Sitting on the maze floor a few meters in front of them, was a griever. It was curled up into a ball, sitting still and not making any noise.

"Holy fuck." Eliza said, standing extremely still.

"Language." Minho muttered, making the girl roll her eyes. Alby was the first one to move, taking slow and quiet steps towards the creature. Minho stuck his arm out, trying to stop the boy, but Alby waved his hand, signaling he was okay.

Eliza clenched her jaw, watching in silence as Alby continued to walk towards the griever in front of them. When he finally reached it, he bent down, obviously trying to get a closer look. But Eliza felt her stomach drop as the griever jumped up, making Alby fall to the floor in shock. Minho shouted something from beside her, but she couldn't really hear what he was saying over the ringing in her ears.

Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion. The griever pulled out its stinger, sending it into Alby's abdomen. A gasp escaped Elizas mouth as the ringing in her ears disappeared, and everything went back to normal speed. The griever let out a loud screech before turning around, running the opposite direction.

Eliza and Minho acted fast, running towards Alby, who was still laying on the maze floor, shirt ripped with his abdomen bloodied up. The two runners bent down beside their leader, as his chest heaved up and down as he breathed heavily, head flopping side to side.

"Minho, we need to get him out of here." Eliza said, glancing down at her watch nervously. 5:09pm. The doors were going to shut in less than an hour. "The doors shut-" She was cut off as Alby's eyes snapped open, heavy breaths escaping his mouth. Both Minho and Eliza fell silent as they watched the boy, backing away from him.

"Alby..." Eliza said quietly, leaning back on her heels. "Alby, it's me-" She was cut off abruptly when said boy lunged towards her, sending the both of them flying to the floor. A scream escaped her lips as Alby sent a fist to her face, and it collided with her nose, drawing blood almost immediately.

Eliza had zero chance against Alby, considering the fact that he was ten times stronger, heavier and bigger than her. She grunted as Alby kneed her in the stomach, wrapping his hands around her throat as he began to choke her.

"I'll kill you!" Alby shouted, spit dripping out of his mouth. Just as Eliza was about to black out, Alby was sent off of her, and he landed on the floor beside her, unconscious. The girl rolled over onto her side, coughing and wheezing as air filled her lungs once more. She looked over to Alby and noticed the side of his head was bleeding.