•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

"Tress passing, burglary- assault with a deadly reptile?! As if thoe's poor rodents haven't been through enough already!"
Diane's voice broke through the tension thick air, smacking the news paper that she held firmly in her grasp for emphasis.

The straight glare that came over the nervously grinning Bad guys almost made them shiver from how absolutely horribly they messed things up.
(Y/n) could almost groan at the paperwork and meetings that they were going to have to schedule for the next few days.

"Now, Diane, (Y/n) please-" Marmalade stepped forward, trying to explain the situation so that some of the misinformation could be situated and solved, but a quick hiss caused his mouth to shut immediately.
In a quick motion, the Vice Governor took the slightly crumpled news paper and held it up closer to the pigs vision, causing the others to slightly back up by how fast she could be when shoving it forward, dark tipped tongue flickering angrily.

"Professor! We gave you a week to sort these guys out. The Gala's is happening in just a couple of days, and the media is going to go absolutely feral in the morning!"
The female snake tossed the article to the side, the tip of her tail going to squeeze the bridge of her snout so that an unwelcoming headache won't form.

"Yeah, but you see my dear-"

"Whooo..! Oookay..! We're sorry Professor but I'm calling the chief. Let's go (Y/n)." Diane drawled out, having to take a moment to take everything in from how disorganized and unsafe things are at the mental inducing situation at hand. Quickly turning tail and starting to walk out of the interior of Marmalade's - Quite admittedly very nice- abode.

(Y/n) was just about to follow her when two small hands placed themselves to the snakes body to stop them in their tracks.
"No need to leave just yet, I'll talk to her, and I would like to talk with you as well Ms. (Y/Ln)."

An exasperated look over took the reptiles face, about to say something before the little rodent had speeded over to a not listening fox. Having no interest in staying back with the only company the room offered, she had slithered to the platinum hallways in search for a seating.
She did promise to have a small hang out with the professor... Wait a minute, no she didn't? Did she? They couldn't even remember anymore.

With the memory wavering, they felt as if their thoughts had run cold, not noticing that they had made it to an even darker place of the estate. Completely past the flashy statues that lined the walls, a door sat at the end of the hall, ominous and left slightly ajarr.

Curiosity plauged her mind, her eyes squinting only slightly as her body slowly tapered to the door.

Only for a loud call had steard (Y/n)'s attention harshly.
Marmalade's small body had hopped to jump right in front of her, small paws held up in a way to block the pathway.

"Ah! Ms. (Y/n), what a pleasant surprise! I was just about to come and get you. Now, what on earth are you doing all the way back here?"

Not wanting to seem suspiciously nosey, and very curious of the impending doom the door gave off; (Y/n) almost had to catch her tongue when talking. Sharp words never seemed like the friendly option, so, she swallowed.

"I was just wondering around, nothing too big... You have quite the architecture. A costume lamp of the love Crater in honor of your good deeds seem fitting."
The commonality of smalltalk seemed to do the trick of getting the suspension off the reptiles metaphorical shoulders.
And the professor seemed to like the attention he was given, blush dusting his fuzzy face.