xxii. panic attacks & deadly kisses

SPOILED INNOCENCEchapter twenty-two❝panic attacks & deadly kisses❞

SPOILED INNOCENCE
chapter twenty-two
❝panic attacks & deadly kisses❞

FUMBLING AROUND, TRYING HER BEST TO NOT FALL ON HER ASS, SURROUNDED BY SOME OF HER FAVORITE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD, BABY HAD NEVER FELT HAPPIER.

"I thought you said you were good at this!" Jules squawked as they skated around the roller rink.

"I thought I was too!"

Baby grabbed onto Jules to try to hold herself up, almost bringing them both crashing to the ground. She laughed so hard that her stomach hurt.

"Okay, I've got to go sit down or I will end up breaking my tailbone."

"Me too," Jules agreed.

"You wanna do one more lap?" Andy asked Rue.

"Hell yeah!"

Jules grabbed Baby's hand, the younger girl flashing her boyfriend and new friend a smile as they skated away.

"Rue seems really good," Lexi said as the girls untied their skates.

"Yeah, she does."

"It's 'cause of you, you know."

Baby watched as Jules' face fell. It was like she was realizing something for the first time. Baby placed her hand on Jules', only for her to pull her hand back as she snapped out of her trance.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom," Jules said as she stood up.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, I'll be right back."

"What was that about?" Lexi asked.

Baby started to chew on her bottom lip as she watched Jules walk away. "I don't know."

Her concerned look dropped when she saw Rue and Andy skating up to them laughing.

"Looks like you two had fun," Baby said, smiling.

"Anderson almost wiped out!" Rue exclaimed.

"Hey, I never claimed to be good at this," Andy said eyeing his girlfriend.

"You hush it."

The group started to make their way to return their skates when Baby's phone started to ring. 

"You get that," Andy said when he saw the concerned look on her face. He grabbed the shoes from her and kissed her forehead.

Baby thanked him before heading toward a hallway.

"Hey, Maddy. What's up?"

"Are you busy right now?"

Her heart ached as she heard Maddy's broken voice, she sounded like she was crying. A million of the worse scenarios popped into her head as to what had happened.