ix. fallacious acquittance

SPOILED INNOCENCEchapter nine❝fallacious acquittance❞

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

SPOILED INNOCENCE
chapter nine
❝fallacious acquittance❞

BABY TRIED HER BEST TO BREATHE NORMALLY AS SHE WIPED HER SWEATY HANDS ON THE FRONT OF HER PLEATED SKIRT. Ethan stood beside her, they had been standing in silence for the past five minutes. Over the weekend she refused to talk to anyone but Ethan. There were now over fifty unopened texts and seven missed calls blocking up her phone. She had never done this before, she usually answered people right away and despised when people left her on delivered. But she just couldn't do it.

She didn't talk to Nate's despite his best efforts. She was too mad to even think about him for too long, there was no clue what she would do if she actually talked to Nate in person. She didn't answer Maddy either because how could she? Along with crying and thinking about how shitty she was all weekend, she stressed over how, when, or if she should tell Maddy about what happened.

"I can't do this," Baby said, turning to look at Ethan with pleading eyes. Almost begging him to let her leave. "I can't do this."

"Yes you can," Ethan tried to calm her. "I'm not lettings you get out of this, Baby. Just because the first person you met here is shitty, doesn't mean we all are."

"Ethan, please."

"No," he said, grabbing her hand and walking towards the school. 

Baby tried her best to smack his hands off of her but he was persistent. He dragged her into the school, finally letting them stop outside her first hour which they luckily shared. AP Literature, how fun. He let go of her, a pout on her lips.

"I don't want to do this."

"I don't care, now go."

The hour went by rather quickly, Baby was beyond thankful that Ethan was in the same class. He promised to meet her after each class and walk her to the next one since she didn't know where to go. 

She was dreading her last three hours that she shared with Maddy. She would have to lie, something she hated to do, but she couldn't just spit out the truth in the middle of school, what if Maddy took it wrong and wanted to kick her ass? Baby would much rather that happen in the privacy of Maddy's home. Baby would take the beating like a champ, not fight back but only try her best to protect her face. Then she would quit the cheer team before she even really started, quit her job so she would never have to see Nate's face again, transfer all of her classes, and just stay with Ethan for two years until he graduated. Then she would be alone and that would be okay.

"What's up with you? You've been acting weird all day," Maddy whispered to Baby as their AP Psych teacher explained the rules that the students would have to follow over the year.

"I did something bad, Maddy," Baby finally spit out. She looked into her friend's eyes and it felt like a punch straight to the gut. Tears ran down her cheeks, her green eyes looking full of sorrow.