vii. utter absolution

SPOILED INNOCENCEchapter seven❝utter absolution❞

SPOILED INNOCENCE
chapter seven
❝utter absolution❞

TO SAY BABY WALTERS HAD A DIFFICULT RELATIONSHIP WITHE SEX WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT.

The first time she experienced a sexual encounter she was fourteen and it was with her older brother's girlfriend who seduced her in the middle of the night. The second time was with a boy who she was in love with who was also oddly dating one of her older siblings. She had gotten heartbroken right after. The third and most recent sexual encounter had happened with her boss' son who had gone down on her on the kitchen counter and it had been interrupted with said boss coming home.

Baby reflected on her janky sexual past as she laid in the silence of her bedroom just past midnight. Her past had been so messed up that she started to wonder if God or whatever else was out in the universe was trying to smite her.

The next morning, Baby had woken up bright and early, 4:30am to be exact. She couldn't cool her jitters, so she made her father breakfast.

"What are you doing up?" Ben asked as he was presented with a low-grade gourmet breakfast.

"Couldn't sleep, wanted to surprise you," Baby explained. "I might even go for a run or something later."

Once Ben had finished his breakfast, he said goodbye to his youngest child before heading for the door.

"Dad?" Baby called out to stop him.

"Yes, Baby?"

"Am I a bad person?" Baby was so close to saying.

 Instead, she just smiled and shook off the thought. 

"Have a good day at work."

"Thank you, honey."

The next person to wake up was Jessica, she was going to go for a morning run. Baby presented her mother with breakfast with a smile.

"Can I borrow your car for a little bit?" Baby asked.

"Sure, sweetie. Where are you going?"

"I'm going to go to church."

A look of amused confusion washed over Jessica's features. "But it's Friday."

"I was up late and I did some research. There's a catholic church a few miles away and they have a confession slot at eight-thirty."

"We're not catholic."

"Sure we are," Baby said. "We were all baptized in a catholic church back home."

"Okay."

Jessica decided to drop the conversation for the minute, nodding along to her daughter's babbled explanations. The family hadn't gone to church since Baby was a baby, neither parents being very religious people. Jessica knew something must be wrong for Baby to want to go to a confessional, but she decided to bring it up later after Baby got off whatever she needed off of her chest.