viii. unwanted veracity

SPOILED INNOCENCEchapter eight❝unwanted veracity❞

SPOILED INNOCENCE
chapter eight
❝unwanted veracity❞

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M DOING THIS," BABY MUTTERED TO HERSELF BEFORE KNOCKING ON THE FRONT DOOR OF THE PEREZ HOME.

"Baby, right?" Maddy's mother, Sonia, asked as she answered the door with a warm smile. 

Baby smiled at her new friend's mother's kindness. "Yes, Mrs. Perez."

"Right this way, she's just in her room."

The young blonde followed the middle-aged Hispanic room through the decently sized house. She took into account the many pictures of what seemed to be a younger looking Maddy dressed up, most likely in a pageant. The house was nice—homey you could say, though normal. It wasn't freakishly perfect like something out of a movie, there were very clearly some problems, that evident by the not-large-but-not-small amount of beer cans next to a man (who Baby assumed was Maddy's father) sitting in a rocking chair—but the tension wasn't filled with hate or unwelcomedness either.

Sonia knocked on the door that could only logically be Maddy's room before it swung open. Maddy smiled at her friend and Baby smiled back. She thanked Maddy's mother before walking into the pink-themed room and the door slammed shut.

"Bitch, you're finally here!" Maddy cheered happily, wrapping her arms around the blonde.

Baby did the same, loving the warm embrace from one of her new friends. It was strange how Maddy was so comforting to the anxious girl even though at first she had intimidated her more than almost anyone she had met before.

When Maddy pulled back, she scanned over the girl's attire. Baby had worn whitewashed jeans with a dark blue sweater, her hair in a loose ponytail. Maddy's eyes disapproved but they also glistened with the chance to finally dress the girl up like her own personal barbie doll.

"What?" Baby questioned.

"There is no way in hell I'm letting you wear that to your first party."

Kat nodded in agreement. "Yeah, this is a special occasion, we have to dress you up."

Oh boy.

"Wait. This is your first party like ever?" A brunette that Baby was early informed to be BB asked as she walked out of Maddy's bathroom.

"Yeah," Baby admitted.

"Damn girl."

The youngest blonde nervously looked from Kat's amused eyes to Maddy's devious ones. She picked at her nails and bit her lip before speaking again.

"What do you have in mind?"

With the smirk and that damn glint in her eye, Baby instantly regretted asking. She could have said that was she was wearing was fine and not given a second thought to letting Maddy dress her up like a mannequin, damn her and her niceties. If she learned how to put her foot down once in a while, she wouldn't now be in a red dress that was way too tight and showed way too much skin.