37

when jennie gets there, yoongi is buying corndogs for them. "hey," she says coming up behind him.

he looks back with a soft boyish smile on his face. he hands her a corndog. jennie realizes that this has been such a weird day. first her two love interests fight each other, her fling admitted to feel the same way she does, he rejects her, and now here they were eating corndogs in the park.

"we should talk." yoongi finally says after finishing his food. they were now walking around, just a boy and a girl in the park. yoongi with his nervous hands in his pocket and jennie eating her corndog. despite her not really in the mood for whatever emotional turmoil was clearly in store for her, she was very hungry so she opted to stay.

"you're the one that brought me out here," she says between bites. "you go."

he nods. "well, i already said i like you too. and since tae talked some sense in to me, i've realized that i let my insecurities get the best of me. let them get in the way of something that could be really good. let them affect me enough to hurt your feelings." he talks regretfully.

"jennie, if i've messed this whole thing up, please tell me now." she stays silent, gesturing for him to keep speaking. "firstly, i'm sorry for the things i said. though, i do think i don't deserve you and that relationships aren't my thing, i like you enough to give us a chance." he confesses.

"i like you enough to jump off of a building for you." he says under his breath though jennie catches it all the same.

they stop to sit down a bench as jennie finishes her food. "so you lure me here with food and confess your feelings for me? you manipulative man." she teases.

"i also," he digs into his hoodie pocket, pulling out what looks like a cd. "brought this for you." he hands it to her. it's a plain cd in a clear case and in his handwriting it says 'for jennie'. she reminds herself to play it later.

"thank you."

yoongi gives her a shy smile. "taehyung told me i should do something for you. something grand, he said. but i realize this isn't a movie and i didn't want to waste more time holding back. so that's it. that's my end. what say you, jen?"

jennie takes a moment to think, gather her thoughts and put them into words.

"i think that you already know how i feel, i've said it all." she responds, reaching out for his hand and watching their hands intertwine.

yoongi's ears turn red and he faces away from her. she's never seen the boy look this shy she thinks as he looks away, obviously blushing. he's so cute.

"hey, so what do you think about paris?" she asks. she's been wanting to ask him so long about this, her mother's gifted tickets weighing heavy in the night stand drawer they rested in.

"never been, why?"

"well i have a free ticket on a world class flight to and fro in june." she mentions. "no pressure, obviously."

yoongi chuckles before looking her in the eye and kissing the back of her hand which was connected to his.

"maybe we should go on a real date first."

"where will you take me?" she flirts. jennie thinks that it's so weird she's free to do this now and not have to hide it. she flirts with yoongi all the time but she would never be so obvious about it before. and often she'd feel guilty afterwards.

"we would go to dinner," he starts. "then maybe go see a movie, or go for a walk." he lists, looking into the distance. "you'd wear a pretty dress and i'd wear a nice shirt. it's all very romantic in my head so don't worry, we're all set." he reassures.

he was right. when they go on said first date three days later, it was all very romantic.