34

a few days later, yoongi is at practice. he's a setter and so he practices his sets by the wall before asking jungkook, the hitter, to spike for him.

but, at some point, when catching the ball, it hits his hand the wrong way, effectively jamming his fingers. he audibly winces and takes a time out.

"hyung you good?" jungkook asked.

"i'm fine. lemme go wrap it real quick and we can practice again, alright?" he moves to the locker rooms to get some tape and since he's in a hurry he comes right back out just to sit on the beachers to wrap his hand. after playing so long, he's been through this for what feels like a million times.

today, the basketball team had practice as well and so they were sharing half the court with them. while he was sitting there he managed to overhear a conversation between who he knew as jennie's boy toy and some other random guy.

"yeah, she turned me down bro, what a bitch, right?" the voice he recognizes as kai says. was he talking about jennie? he better not be if he doesn't want his ass handed to him. thought the volleyball team's setter. he was speaking so loud the whole court could probably hear.

at the realization that he probably was, yoongi is fuming. he continues to wrap his hand while trying not to listen and hear more. he doesn't know what he might do if he does.

"why do you think she said no? think she has another dude?" another boy asks. "hey, i wouldn't put it past her. she's a slut." answers kai.

yoongi sees red.

he doesn't think twice before he stalks off to where the basketball players are, finds kai, and forms a natural fist. soon enough grabs kai by the shoulder to face him, and swings at his face.