Chapter 32: The Human Queen

Start from the beginning

Nasuada glanced at Angela and the two elves. Sharrag saw the question inside them, especially when she glanced towards the witch. Angela only smiled at her before turning towards Sharrag.

"Yes, talking about your pack, how are they going?" she asked.

Sharrag smiled at her, 'Well. Talismen has now become Alpha. He has proven himself a smart and resourceful Shrrg. He even managed to kill a shade in single combat.'

Angela whistled, impressed, "That is a story you must tell me. I assume it has something to do with this bashed up state you look in. Last time I saw you, you still had scales. Now you are covered in scars. By the looks of them, you should be dead."

Sharrag nodded, 'Elves a good healers. Levial saved me, though apparently even they weren't sure I could make it.'

Levial nodded in agreement. Nasuada was listening to the talk between them with interest, and bafflement. All different thoughts flooded her head, along with questions, so many questions. Who was Talismen? Who was this supposed other shade? How long had Angela known about this potential asset?

She decided to talk, "How long have you known each other?"

'Almost as long as I have been alive,' replied Sharrag, 'She taught me how to speak, about who I was and how to lead my pack. Everything. Before she came along, I thought I was a mutated green Shrrg with wings.'

Angela laughed, "Yes, it was a strange encounter at that."

Sharrag smiled, beginning to feel comfortable again. It was good to be back with the witch. She had been like a mother to him. It sounded strange but she had taught him how to truly be a dragon. She knew him very well, though he knew hardly anything about her. He looked at the queen, suddenly feeling hungry.

'Is there anywhere I can go hunting around here?' he asked her.

Nasuada seemed to jolt out of her train of thought, "Oh, I'll have something brought to you at once. No need to hunt yourself. I would like to hear your story however, if you wouldn't mind of course."

"Yes, I would like to hear what happened while I was away as well," said Angela.

Sharrag nodded, thought he was surprised. Having food brought to him was not something he was used to. Levial and Aradon made excuses, saying they had someone they would like to talk to. Sharrag nodded and made plans to meet with them later.

A strange four-legged beast was brought to the courtyard. A cow, if his memory of searching Thorn's mind proved correct. He quickly wolfed it down, not realising how hungry he was. Once he had finished his meal he turned once again to the two female humans in front of him.

He decided to show them the story through his own memories then tell them everything with words. So he started with his earliest memory, of the hatchling dragon catching a bird to feed what he thought of as siblings. He didn't show them everything of course, hiding the location of his Shrrg was one thing he made sure to do. His interest in Saphira another. He debated whether to hide the control Sythrel had over him, but decided to it wouldn't hurt to show them. He made special care to hide his true name as well, for that was the one thing that would destroy him if they knew.