Chapter Eleven: Sacred Nature

Nepheli's POV

When traveling across Limgrave in the dark night, all of us searched everywhere for the falling star. Unfortunately, we couldn't find anything. Melina and Rennala finally had a steed to ride on, while Millicent, Blaidd, and I were walking with Y/N.

Millicent: We've searched everywhere. Why can't we find it?

Y/N: It just takes a little patience, Millicent. We'll find it eventually.

Nepheli: But it's been hours. We've been looking for this star and we found nothing. It's probably almost sunrise. Melina and Rennala have a steed to ride, so why can't you just carry us?

Y/N: Because, I can't carry you three at the same time.

Blaidd: Maybe we can ride on your back.

Y/N: If you think I can carry the three of you like a steed, you are mistaken. I know I sound like a jerk, but I don't want to grow a habit of becoming an animal. I still love my humanity.

Millicent: Please, you're fast and we could possibly find the crater quicker. Just this once.

Y/N: If I did carry you, Millicent, while I'm on my fours, you might fall off.

Millicent: Not if I'm holding onto Nepheli.

Blaidd: Oh bloody hell, I forgot something.

She pinches the bridge of her nose.

Rennala: What is it, Blaidd?

Blaidd: There's someone I need to deal with. I'm so sorry, Y/N, but I'm afraid that I have to search for another traitor.

Y/N: Do what you must, Blaidd.

Melina: Maybe we can come with you and tackle this traitor together.

Blaidd: No, this is a one person job. It would be nice, though.

Melina: Oh, okay.

Blaidd: Fortunately, after this traitor is taken care of, I will go to Nokron with all of you. Until then, I will be taking my leave. Farewell, friends.

She left us to do her job.

Nepheli: Well, there goes Blaidd.

Y/N: *Sighs* Fine.

The dragon got on his fours.

Y/N: Get on.

Millicent: You're really going to carry us?

Y/N: I'm just trying to be nice.

Millicent and I looked at each other and shrugged. We got onto Y/N's back, but when I got on him first, Millicent held on tightly to me.

Nepheli: What are you doing?

Millicent: Like I said, I'm holding onto you in case I fall.

Nepheli: Right, 'cause you don't have a prosthetic arm yet.

Millicent: Say, when are we going to get one, Y/N?